Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default A styles gallery

well, almost!
    One of the exciting new things about xtreme is its portability features.
    Has this been covered already? Now that shadows are portable, and the new styles it is possible to create a styles gallery similar to, say, Fireworks.
    Create a simple shape and export it as a xar file, sized to selection to a new folder, with a name beginning with 'a'. Add the folder to the clipart gallery.
    Now, once you have a combination of fill, transparency, shadow and plugin filters that you like, copy the shape they are attached to, drag in the simple shape from the gallery, paste attributes (shift-ctrl-a) and re-export to the styles folder under another name.
    To use a style, drag over the appropriate style from the style folder, copy and paste attributes where you want them.
    Here's an example.
    Tony
    PS I wonder why Xara missed the opportunity to make their bevels portable - after all, third party bevels work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stylesgallery.jpg 
Views:	420 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	23022  

Default Re: A styles gallery

Tony:

NICE WORK!

I had a similar idea; however, the paste attributes will NOT work for me with BEVELS.

I am using the CD version (2e) of Xtreme.

I thought it used to work in earlier versions.

ANYONE ELSE having this problem?

Opps, sorry, I didn't read your posting carefully.

I use bevels extensively in org charts and not being able to paste bevel attributes is a hassle if I want a consistant look for a project.

John
    Last edited by jclements; 11 January 2006 at 02:25 PM.

Now that we can use 3rd party filters you may find a free one that you can use in place of Xara bevels, I used extensis photo bevel solo for my example. (Photo tools 3 doesn't work, however). The bevel types are more limited than Xara's but adequate for most purposes.
    Tony

Thumbs up Re: A styles gallery

Hey Tony. It's been a while!

Great idea. And yes it would be great if all Xara's effects could be copied and pasted.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester
    Hey Tony. It's been a while!

Great idea. And yes it would be great if all Xara's effects could be copied and pasted.

Gary
    Gary, you're a gentleman, as always.

Tony

So far as I can see the following attributes transfer well:
    Fill colour, type and profile, including bitmap fills, handle colours and angles.
    Line size and colour, dash patterns, arrow heads, stroke shapes, joins and ends.
    Custom brushes
    Transparency, type and profile, floor & wall shadows, glows,
    Most plug-in effects including bumpmaps with lighting effects, crumple, melt, bevel boss, chrome, page curl etc.
    Overall settings of font type and size, text justification, tracking and baseline shift.

The following do not:
    Xara bevels, contours, molds. (Mold envelopes can be transferred separately)

So we're not talking about much to make the list complete,
    Tony

If you have bought the AlienSkin EyeCandy 4000 plugin upgrade, BevelBoss will copy as any other filter if you need to copy bevel attributes.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode