Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara 3D6 Question From Newbie

I am trying to copy the logo screen where the "version 6" goes around the "Xara" with my own text...also to resize the text in the second line.
    TIA
    Doowopfix

Default Re: Xara 3D6 Question From Newbie

Hello, Doowopfix, and welcome to the forums. I am sorry you haven't had an answer yet, so let me.

The easiest way to amend the existing text is to click on the Cursor button, the a/b one. That will put a large bar on the screen, at the right of the bottom line of text. Backspace over the text as far as you need and then type your own text. If you hold down the shift key and nudge the cursor left with the cursor keys, you can highlight existing text. With the text highlighted, you can then apply other effects using the options menus, such as colour, extrusion, bevel, etc. These will affect the highlighted text, and not affect the rest.

To resize such highlighted text, use the Size dialogue box in the menu bars.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X3d tools.png 
Views:	354 
Size:	2.8 KB 
ID:	22348  

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for your advice, I appreciate it.
    Yes, I can use the existing logo and replace it with my text,I have done this, what I would like to learn is how the animation is achieved in the first place.

I had difficulty trying to get two lines of text working at the same time rather than consecutively.
    Hope this doesn't sound dumb LOL

Many thanks
    Brian (Doowopfix)

Hi Brian,

The Cursor can also be used along with the Animation Options to find the animation type.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ani-options.gif 
Views:	350 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	22360  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Bill, thank you again for your help and advice, which is most useful and appreciated.
    Brian

Hi, sorry if this sounds dumb, I'm new to Xara6 and I would like to know if it's possible and if so how to have different lines of text on the same page doing different animations at the same time.
    Thanks!

Hello, Cacho, welcome to the forum. If you look at Bill's (Soquili) post above, that shows how to select different animation details for selected objects. But this doesn't mean that you can apply different animation types to different objects, because you can't. What you can do in some animation types, eg Rotate, Swing, Ripple, is choose different parameters of the same animation for different objects. For example with Rotate, you can choose say the x-axis for one object, and the y-axis for another, but not Rotate for one, and Swing for another. Sorry, that's just how Xara3D works.

Mike