Hey guys and girls:

Yes - what a mess this program can be if you don't understand the basics.
Actually the program is quite intelligent but if you make a mistake when saving you may as well just start from scratch with a new project and project name. You can save a new project anywhere you want but make sure all other future saves go to the same area.

Remember that when you create a new page and say you name it "myhouse" the program creates a folder called "myhouse_files".

I recall when I 1st bought the program I must have created a site 20 times only ti have the nav bars screw up because I was saving them to the wrong folder. I gave up and WebStyle 4 won by pissing me off that I basically threw the program in the garbage until I watched the online tutorial.

The tutorial tells you one very important thing that has made my life easier now that I'm using the program again and here it is: Say you want to create a new site open WS4 and select a webpage style that you want then BEFORE you make ANY changes to that page save it with a name like " index" or "myhouse" and save it to the location on your computer when you want it to go. I tipically save them in my root drice or "c" drive. It is only then and I open my page in FrontPage and edit my nav bars or title bar or what-ever. When I click on the nav bars (as example) in FP WS$ open and then I make my changes and then save it to the same location on my drive.

One thing you may want to be careful of is the Title bar. Usually it's pretty fixed so if you try to make the font bigger the width of the page will screw up and if someone is viewing your site at 800x600 resolution the visitor will have to scroll left and right to see the whole page.
It's one great program but is frustrating and if you are looking for instant tech support forget it.