Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: "Hope you've been good this year"

Great stuff, as usual, Bob! Also, thanks so much for not only sharing your work but also insight into how it's done. I'm always curious to know the "behind the scenes" info on a project.

Another great drawing Bob....you just make it look so easy.....oh well .

Bob,

As the detail shown in the "Christmas is coming" - this new(?) type of linework looks really good. As you are used to doing it on paper, it shouldn't be all that big of a step to use a tablet directly?

Great stuff!

Thanks, Risto

The linework has evolved over time, I'm happy with it. It was about trying to draw in Xara, without having it look like it was drawn in Xara.

Anyone who is comfortable drawing on paper and does a lot of drawing on the PC, I highly recommend, if possible, getting a drawing tablet. The mouse was never designed for drawing. The only difference is you're looking at the screen when drawing and not down at your hand. But it's a very natural transition.

-Bob.

Bob,

Getting away from the "robo-look" of vector lines, is I'm sure you have been concerned with... Coming from real-life lines - and seeing where you ended up - it's sweet! I'm sure you smile whenever you boot up Xara X now...

Yes, we are all selfish/greedy when it comes to this application, but there is always a way, even when we don't get what we want.