Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Smile Navigation Menu not displaying.

First of I must say I like WebStyle 4 and other Xara products. I'm new to WebStyle4 and Dreamweaver MX2004. I am taking a class in Web Design and have to create 4 web pages. I have read the book accompanying WebStyle4 and viewed to movie on how the program is suppose to work. So far I have a basic understanding of HTML codes, but am completely lost when it comes to Java script. That is the main reason I bought WebStyle4 because it is suppose to take the guess work and frustration for beginners learning how to create web sites and web pages. However, the one thing that was missing was whether to create the web pages in Dreamweaver FIRST, or create the home (index) page in Dreamweaver first.

Not to be deterred, I tried it both ways. My problem is when I save the web pages in WebStyle and name the pages, index.htm, schedule.htm, characters.htm, and newsletter.htm, WebStyle creates the necessary files under the Project folder, Highscholar. Then I open up Dreamweaver. My files are under F:\Documents and Settings\mydreamweaversite\highscholar\lesson5 subdirectory. I can open up any of the web pages and view the document and make any changes, (where I can use Webstyle) I use the Insert>Webstyle option. Webstyle loads, I make the change, save it and am promptly brought back into Dreamweaver. Then I save the web page and click on the preview button to see what the web page will look like in Internet Explorer. Everything is displayed except my navigation menu. When I click on Navigation Menu, in the Property Inspector at the bottom of the screen, WebStyle4 displayed and the title of the gif is displayed, along with the alignment options and below them is the Edit button. Under the gif name is the height and width, but no numbers are showing for the height and width. I click on the Edit button and Webstyle 4 reloads. I check to see if everything is filled in correctly, and save the file again. Then I am taken back to Dreamweaver. There I click on the Preview icon and am asked if I want to save the file, I click "Yes", and the web page will display again, but without the navigation menu showing again without the naviagation menu showing again.

How do I correct this problem? An answer at your earliest convenience would be greatly appreciated.

NubianQueen
    Last edited by NubianQueen; 27 October 2005 at 04:37 PM.