Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thumbs down Xara Webstyle 4 Support (Or lack thereof)

I am very surprised at the lack of support for this software. I have been trying to get help for the last week. All mail with the ticket number in the subject line comes back to me with a message saying....not recorded, permission denied.
    This is the address I am sending to:
    rt@contact.xara.com [rt@contact.xara.com] Normally when confronted with this level of service, I go through the chain of command for redress. This is certainly not possible when nobody answers.

Why offer a product and advertise free technical support for a year if you're not prepared to do give just that?

The only other time I have come in contact with this kind of thinking was with a small Canadian company that offered a great gradebook. They worked out of the home in their spare time so I could cut them some slack. Their software didn't cost over $100 CDN either.

I am not really expecting any help but wanted to set out why I am concerned. Basically, this software is useless to me now.

Default Re: Xara Webstyle 4 Support (Or lack thereof)

Linda

Oh dear. I wonder if a firewall is getting in the way.

You are welcome to ask us here.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

A firewall may be intefering with my email, but it is certainly not causing the trouble with my software.

You answered my plea in another thread (Photo Album Issue Not Found In Forum) by asking if I were able to create another Project. I answered that I couldn't do anything. As soon as I click on the icon, the software crashes. This is extremely irritating as I am almost finished my site and this is keeping me from delivering.

It was working reliably and wonderfully just two weeks ago. My complaint is that I can't get support from the company. I obviously got through the first time as I did get a ticket.

It happened to me once. My problem was that the email I used for registration and the email address I used for support request was different. As soon as I changed my email to the address I used when purcahsing the software, I got a ticket number

Hi confoosed,
    I do have a ticket. I just don't have any support.

When was your ticket dated?
    I just got a ticket yesterday for the "email question I posted here". So I will see if there support has waned. I had a problem last month and received an answer within 48 hours and a follow up 24 hours after that.

Hi confoosed,
    Now I am confused. I sent my request for help Wed. Oct. 5 and rec'd a ticket # Oct. 7.

I am glad that you received some help. I still hope that someone at Webstyle will figure out what is wrong with my picture!

Thumbs up Re: Xara Webstyle 4 Support (Or lack thereof)

Well, I went back to the basics. Had already tried uninstalling and reinstalling many times. Took out all of my Projects and saved them to a new folder. Then, using Registry Lite, I went in and deleted any instances of xara. Then checked to make sure that nothing xara-like was still running at start-up. Then I created a new system restore point and rebooted. After all that, I tried reinstalling again, pulled in my own Projects and my photo albums now work like before!

You say they ".....now work like before". Does that mean that everything is working, or everything is still not working?

Just in case anyone reads this other than you and I, I will repeat my question.

Nav Bar- I want to be able to "click" a contact us on the Nav Bar, trouble is, I can find nowhere to put a link to the "mail to: HTML" function .

I realize I can have it so that when you click Contact us, it could take you to a new page, where you could have a designated Icon that would bring up the persons default email program. Or a fill in form-click here "thing".

What I want is click the Nav Bar up pops default email program preferrably with the subject line filled in ie.

<a href="mailto:rubberducky@duckylips.com?subject=Res ervations">

email above is phoney...but you may have guessed that already