Hi everybody,

long time users of TG will probably remember me as a looong time user of Xara products.
Lately, I've not been here very often, but I am still using Xara X1 on an almost daily basis.

A couple of weeks ago, I browsed through the topics and found some info about a "new" version of Xara X(1) from Charles and a lively discussion about it.
Okay I thought, knowing about the past, this will take a while anyway ...

Just today, I read in a magazine Blog (!!!!) that some Xara Xtreme was available and that it was going to be Open Source and everything.
I checked xara.com and found that to be true.
Then I checked TG and saw threads about it as well.

And like sooo often in the past, once again I get to ask myself: Why do they employ monkeys in marketing instead of real people who know their work ??
Charles, do you really wonder, why your software - excellent that it really is - is selling so badly compared to the "big names" ??
It's because your marketing stinks and it always did !!!

I get your regular "newsletters", weeks after things had happened and they are always trying to sell me needless crap (sorry) like Webster, Menu Maker and whatelse.

Now that a new version of your flagship product is available, I need to read it in a Blog instead of getting informed from you right away ???
Will I get a "newsletter" in a month, telling me about the great and mighty new Xara Xtreme??

Did you ever THINK what marketing and newsletters are for??

As a long time user and BUYER of your products, can't I expect to get burning hot info from Xara before everybody else does??
Can't I expect to get an exclusive upgrade offer right at the moment the product is launched?? And I am not talking about another price, just about timing!!

Please Charles, PLEEEEAAAASE, start to think !!!!
Making good software is a nice thing, but you need to sell it as well.
And with those sleeping pills you employ in marketing you never will the way you could !!!
What's the big problem in sending an E-Mail newsletter to your customers right away??

Sorry guys, but I had to spew that out, I can't understand that they repeat their mistakes over and over again ...

Wolfgang

P.S.: Of course, I already bought XX like I always did before. I just would have prefered to find out about it in another way.