Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

I'm new to this format of a forum (I frequent about.com and Delphi). When I see a message that I want to respond to, how do I do it?

I (obviously) know how to start a thread but how do I respond to a post that is in the middle of a thread?

Till now I've been clicking on the double quotes above the message box, then deleting everything out but there's got to be an easier way.

Thank you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Blessings and Peace.
    Blessings and Peace.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I tried to address this question in your other recent thread.

This forum software doesn't 'nest' replies the way some other systems do. Here most threads are typically short with only several postings. What seems to work reasonably well is to not quote at all. Instead just identify the person as if you are calling them, and then follow with your remarks. Most of the time this works very well and it is possible in one message to reply directly to several prior comments if you wish. The result can be compact and to the point vs. several new postings to write the same thing.

In effect the style is more conversational and less formal. Given the typically short threads it rarely gets confusing.

If you want to quote someone it generally is more flexible to just cut&paste.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

And a little 'post reply' button can be found at the top too. They both do the same thing.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

This is just a followup from your original thread. Ross encouraged you to post your work, I would also like to do the same. I've only posted images for about a year, and I must say, when I posted my first image I expected to be laughed off talkgraphics. the exact opposite happened, These are the best people from around the world and putting someone down is the last thing that will happen. The other thing that happened, as I started posting images, I found that my skill levels started to increase. I find that I work harder on an image "because I want to post it".

As for the tutorials, I too was intimidated for the longest time. I would go each month and look at the final image that Gary made and say, too advanced for me. I would like to challenge you to do what I did, I went to the 1999 "time is running out" and worked through the tutorial and I shocked myself at the results. I couldn't believe I was able to make an image that good. Now I can't waite for the next tutorial to come. Each time I do one of Gary's tutorial's I gain soooo much, I just can't express it. Once you start one and slowly work through it,(if you have questions, as you can see the people here are ready to help)I think you will surprise yourself.

I won't keep bugging you, but you remind me of me when I started.

Tim :-)

Now I get it. I missed the "YOU CAN'T DO IT" part. I was just seeing the stuff about being informal and it doesn't work the way the other forums do. I get it now.

Click the Post Reply at the bottom, or the top (tks Christine), put the person's name in the subject, then just type your message.

I got it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Blessings and Peace.
    Blessings and Peace.

Thanks for the input. It's nice to know that others have been where I am now and have managed to gain a level expertise with Xara X after some hard work.

I can do that. I enjoy learning new things and I think this will esp. fun because it combines a degree of technical elements along with artistic results. Cool, huh!

I'll post some work when I get something together right now I'm working on Lesson 1. LOL

Blessings and Peace.
    Blessings and Peace.

to say is - at the bottom of the thread is a post reply button, just click and type.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

I'm new to this format of a forum (I frequent about.com and Delphi). When I see a message that I want to respond to, how do I do it?

I (obviously) know how to start a thread but how do I respond to a post that is in the middle of a thread?

Till now I've been clicking on the double quotes above the message box, then deleting everything out but there's got to be an easier way.

Thank you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Blessings and Peace.
    Blessings and Peace.