Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Roman Dmagician - You don't actually have to look all that hard to find a great bunch of Illustrator images. At Adobe's site they have a Illustrator Gallery. Now these might well be the best of the best from a relatively large pool of graphic design pros who use Adobe Illustrator. There are, no doubt about it, many very skilled Illustrator users who know how to get the most out of the program. I find the images inspiring and I find my mind wondering what these great artists could achieve if only they'd experience Xara X. Still, as Gary has suggested the real strength of many of these featured Illustrator users is their *design* skills - Illustrator is just the program they use.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

thanks Gary for introducing me through your tutorials...

Tony
    Tony

After Corel Conference in Dallas in 1995, Gary mentioned it to me. I adopted it becuase I needed razorsharp screen iamges for a Windws app I was working. Have not looked back since.

Milt

Problem is that I'm very suspicious towards those examples when they work with PS and ILLUSTRATOR most of the time a lot of things can be actually imported from PS. E.g. the simplest thing in Xara is not possible in Illustrator - you can't make gradient filled object linear transparent afaik. The efect must be imported from other programs as bitmap.

Back in '95 I needed a vectorbased program that ran under W95 asap, CDraw was sold out at out local but they had Xara 1.1 , upgraded to 1.2 1.5 2.0 and X but funally dumped it last week as way too instable for serious stuff. One of the neighbor's kids is using the CD's as plates in her toy kitchen, she satleast eems to be a happy Xara X customer.

I won't say my opinion here, I think there would be some others who will pull out their flamethrowers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I was using CorelDraw 5 and stumbled across i-us and found a goldmine of help and Gary was the main provider. When he began talking about CorelXara I took the the plunge and purchased by electronic download. Haven't regretted it for a minute. Still use Draw for about 25% of my work (especially when I need to do multiple pages), the rest is done in XaraX.

Does anyone have any idea of how many copies of XaraX have been sold?

John

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Hein - Sorry to hear you've had problems with the stability of Xara X. I likewise followed the same paths of xara upgrades. Going from win3.11, win for workgroups, win95, win98, to winME has been very stable for me. Any chance you have some conflict in your current system causing the instability?

It is nice to see that even though you've given up on Xara you haven't given up on the forum [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

And like many ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frogpoem.gif 
Views:	202 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	7101  

OH USA - Home to Cedar Point (Roller Coster King)

I first saw Corel Xara in 1995 at November's Comdex in Las Vegas. Can't remember who the Corel demonstrator was, but she blew me away with the demo. Bitmap transparancies, anti-aliasing, and a user interface that I understood the first time I saw it. Had been a dedicated Draw user up until that point. If I hadn't won a free copy, I would have bought one on the spot! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Before anyone asks, I know I was really lucky that day. Had a mess of my friends that were there threaten to mug me on my way back to my hotel room!

Push yourself to notice the extraordinary in the ordinary.

Irene M. Kraus
    www.design-comp.com
    aka The Computer Lady!
    Web Development & Video Tutorials - Design Works Internet https://www.facebook.com/Design-Works-Internet