Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'd like to have the duplicate offset settings and nudge factors saved. I've found nothing in the books or help files related to saving them.

I've tried exporting my workspace after setting them manually and then importing the workspace. No change.

I haven't seen, but could have missed, something in the "Customization" dialogs.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm using Version 10.

Thanks
    IP

I'd like to have the duplicate offset settings and nudge factors saved. I've found nothing in the books or help files related to saving them.

I've tried exporting my workspace after setting them manually and then importing the workspace. No change.

I haven't seen, but could have missed, something in the "Customization" dialogs.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm using Version 10.

Thanks
    IP

I am running an older version of draw, Maybe the info is applicable, In the menu tool / options / general tab, the nudge and offset settings has a small check box, say's "save with document only" if its checked uncheck it. then save the document and the nudge and offset settings will be preserved for the next new doc.
    IP

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the reply. In version 10, as close as I can come is under Tools/Options/Document... there's a checkbox for "Save Options as default for new documents". It was already "unchecked". It doesn't seem to make much sense to me, because if I check it, it is unchecked if I go back and look at it again or if I quit Corel and reload.

Under .../Documents/Rulers I can set the Nudge to my desired .01. Thanks. That seems to fix that problem. However, I can find no place to set the x/y duplicate distance in any of the options.

Anyway... I changed the dupe settings manually in a blank document, went back and "checked" the Save Options, Clicked OK. and quit Corel. When I reloaded, the dupe settings were correct even though the box was "unchecked" again. Go Figure!<G>

As I said, I use v10. I never upgraded to v9 from v8 but I could swear in v8 there were settings for both nudge and duplicates within the workspace dialogs. Maybe not.

I can't explain what made the dupe settings remain, http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/confused.gif but I thank you for your help.

All the best,
    Bill
    IP

Well, I'm still having a problem with this workspace thing. <G> I've managed to export a workspace with the settings I want, but I can't seem to find a way to make it the default workspace.

Each time I start Corel, I have to import the new one.

How can I make the Default Workspace the same as the new one?

Thanks.
    Bill
    IP

Open Draw, select your settings and options and save as a template file. When you want to create a new drawing select the template file and your setting and options will already be set. You can create as many templates as you wish.
    IP

Thanks... I'll do that. But, is there no way to make the current settings the "Default" workspace? Exporting them and having to import them is just a PIA. I don't understand why selecting the option to save settings so that future documents open with the same settings doesn't work? Oh Well.

Thanks again,
    Bill
    IP

CorelDraw opens with the default template CorelDRAW.cdt. You should be able to make your template the default by renaming it as CorelDRAW.cdt. Make sure you save a copy of the original CorelDRAW template under a different name for example CorelDRAW1.cdt before you save your template.

John
    IP

Thanks John.
    IP