Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

I am writing a book about integrating experience, and I have been toying with the idea of creating a symbol or simple graphic to represent the concept of "integration."

The concept is: to bring parts together in a whole; unify. Imagine bringing together in your mind all the parts of a past experience until you understand the experience completely. That is the concept of "integration" I am discussing in my book.

I don't really want to use the word "integration" in the graphic, but I also don't want to limit your imagination.

1 - Represent the concept of "integration" in a simple graphic that is both aesthetic and compelling.

2 - As a second category, incorporate the text "integration" in a simple graphic that captures the essence of the definition.

I wouldn't be able to offer much, but if I see a design that I like very much, I would like to use that image on the cover of my book. I could pay the artist modestly. (Modestly means not very much!)

I envision the book cover having a mid tone color background, not white or black.

Here is the working title on a mock cover, with an idea off the top of my head.

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	book_cover_1.gif 
Views:	818 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	18463  

Hi Dale...

ok, call me slow but... I really am having a hard time integrating this concept into my mind... haha...

just joshing with yas... sounds like fun... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Steve Newport

-My Gallery-

-Featured Artist 2002-

Name:	inte.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	19280  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I see the concept of the development of a person as being the sum total of experience. Imagine the person presenting a sold form to the world when viewed from the contempory view point but if viewed from a future point the individual would be seen as incomplete, translucent and lacking hard/solid form, perhaps being propelled forward towards the future viewer by the experiences being assimilated.
    People talk about a full spectrum of experience so I have shown the experiences as a spectrum of light behind the 'forming' individual.

It's only a quick sketch of a subject that would require a great deal of thought and work to do it justice in my opinion.

derek

Name:	integration.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	10856  

Dale,
    Your getting some really great ideas, I wasn't going to post because I got intimidated. But if I don't try I'll never improve.

Name:	intagration1.png 
Views:	341 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	19704  

;-)

Name:	integration.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	8274  

More great submissions!

Randy you are very gracious to offer your cover idea for such a low fee! I like your design very much, but want to play with the colors a bit. I'll let you know.

Klaus, do you want me to give my secrets away before I publish??????

In a nutshell: The Integration Technique is designed to help a person integrate negative experiences, with the result of eliminating any persistent negative feelings, emotions, or sensations left over from those experiences.

Example: I had a torn cartilage and surgery on my left knee 5 years ago, with resulting stiffness and pain since then. Using my technique, I have rid myself of most of those sensations. (The sensations that are still there in my knee are there because I haven't addressed them yet, and are the more subtle ones.)

It works on any kind of feeling. "Persistent" does not mean the feeling is present all the time, only that it recurs and does not fully disappear after a reasonable length of time.

My technique does not require a practitioner. It is totally self-help.

Please ask if you have any more questions. I cannot give you any details about the technique itself or the theory behind it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

NOTE: If any of you practice a technique called Focusing, I would like to hear from you via email. Use the email address in my profile. Please demonstrate your familiarity with Focusing in your email.

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Gary, I laughed that you included my Alice in Wonderland quote! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Tim, your graphic is really great, but you spelled "integration" wrong.

I have no idea how I am going to decide on one of these. I like many of them a lot! Maybe after all the entries are in, you guys and gals could offer your professional opinions about which designs you like best and think would get the best reaction from a consumer shopping at a book store.

I am working on a few ideas for my own designs, but so far they seem too complex for me to do them easily with my limited Xara experience.

One of my ideas involves using a child's blocks, so if anyone has created this type of graphic before, maybe you could play with that idea.

Thanks for the great ideas, and keep them coming! What you think of as lame might be just what I'm looking for.

- Lewis Carroll

That is really an awesome graphic!

I think that a conservative approach with the text/title is better, so that it is instantly readable. I tend to shy away from script fonts or any confusing blending of words, generally.

- Lewis Carroll