Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Space Station.

I finally got this image finished the way I wanted too,and damn I am proud of it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I spent about an hour swearing at my lighting setup because I kept on getting hideous results,so I went through every tedious little lighting setting you can imagine and just couldnt fix the problem,and then I realzed that I had render set to alpha as well...Dohhhhhhh!!!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sci_Fifin_.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	11135  

I finally got this image finished the way I wanted too,and damn I am proud of it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I spent about an hour swearing at my lighting setup because I kept on getting hideous results,so I went through every tedious little lighting setting you can imagine and just couldnt fix the problem,and then I realzed that I had render set to alpha as well...Dohhhhhhh!!!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.

This formum drives me crazy. I am logged in, but this creep still asks for my username as a mandatory field. One of these days,...
    Stu, you amazed me, but now I recognised you. All resistance is indeed futile, and thanks for publishing this photograph of your real home... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

Stu,

Another great work. I love the light effects, the hard work paid off! Did you use several lights with noise, or how did you create the orange light effect?

Great job,

--Randy

Thanks guys.

Erik..Oh no found out,I suppose a bonus is that you cant see my green antennae or lizard tail over the net.

Ps my mailbox is just left of the constellation on the right in the middle of that big orange Nebula [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Randy yes both types of noise with omnis and volumetric and I used wavy turbulence.I have started using instances more for lighting,oh I love those instances some times I have twenty or so omnis setup.I have also found that sometimes using a glow in a material can give just as good as a result,and also if your light source isnt illuminating a landscape or texture enough I have found its a lot easier to just add a bit of reflection to your material [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Now I wanna work out how to warp lights so a beam is shaped like an s etc.

Cheers.

Stu.