Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Friends,

does by any chance, anyone of you have this dragon as a vector clipart somewhere ??

A customer gave it to me for a project, and it is supposed to be a Corel clipart or from a similiar CD-collection of clipart. Still, he can't remember nor find the original.

For further work, I need it to be vetorized and the enclosed GIF is the only thing I got from him.
    I would hate to vectorize it by hand ..

I tried the bitmap tracer tool with various settings, but as I expected it did not give good enough results from this small size.

I searched my Corel 5 CDs (the last one I got ..) and the Xara CDs (1.5 and X) without success.

Any tips or even the file ??

Thanks for your help
    Wolfgang

P.S.: If you should have a dragon that is VERY similiar to this one, I could convince the customer to use it instead. But it would have to be almost the same ..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wolfgang

I believe the beast is a Griffon and is burried deep in the CorelDRAW clip art. I used this once years ago, or something very similiar, for a makeover article in Corel Magazine.

Let me know if you can't find it and I will see if I can find it anywhere. I only remember that at the time it was burried deep in some obscure section, perhaps Coats of Arts or something like that.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Bleats Trevor a Mumble

Thanks Gary, but after knowing the cuddlie's name, I just found a font named "Griffon" on the C*orel CD, still not the picture.

When I ran my search for the first time, I did not look for a name, but browsed through almost all of the files with a clipart viewer. It's possible that I still missed it, but it sure took a lot of time.

For some reason, my 2nd Corel Draw 5.0 CD was lost (at least it was not in the box, along with the other one). And I can not remember if there was any clipart on this 2nd CD. Could anybody please check this?

Any help is appreciated

Wolfgang

So Gary, you DID help me after all ...

I searched an old IMSI Clipart-Collection for "Griffon", and one of the 303.000 images really was it !!

It's really bad vectorized though, I am sure it was done with a bitmap tracer from a print.

Anyway, it will work for me and I can easily remove some nodes where it's too jaggy.

Thanks a lot Professor Priester, for your mail as well !!

Wolfgang
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	griffon_tg.gif 
Views:	222 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	12925  

You're welcome, Wolfgang.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Bleats Trevor a Mumble