Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Since I switched to Windows XP, the old IE6 browser window problem has returned with a vengence.
    When I click on a link, the window opens in a smaller half size. I've tried to resize then close it but it still comes back in half size.

I seem to remember somewhere this was exercised by the folks in this forum. I looked back 14 pages but NO LUCk.

Can someone remember?

Wayne D

Since I switched to Windows XP, the old IE6 browser window problem has returned with a vengence.
    When I click on a link, the window opens in a smaller half size. I've tried to resize then close it but it still comes back in half size.

I seem to remember somewhere this was exercised by the folks in this forum. I looked back 14 pages but NO LUCk.

Can someone remember?

Wayne D

Try this Topic from Gary, December 20,2002.
    (OT - Internet Explorer 6 ).
    Hope that help
    Regards...
    Lord(Mohamed)

With just one Internet Explorer window open (and nothing else), resize it from its half-size to your preferred size. Then close the window, and reboot your PC.

Internet Explorer has two windows sizes, which you can toggle between with the middle of the three buttons in the top right hand corner (between minimise and close). You have the maximized size, which fills your screen regardless, and one other size. It's this other size which is annoying you, being smaller than you'd like.

You don't *have* to reboot your PC after resizing the window to your preferred size, though I find that the setting for the size is saved and remembered on shutting down your PC. Best to resize and reboot rather than resize, see your PC crash later in the day (if you're using Windows 98/ME), and then forget the size!

Yep, it sucks doesn't it? heh heh

From what I read, IE won't save the size of a window opened from a link if it's maximized. The best you can get is to open a IE window, shift-click on a link, close the orginal window, then resize the 2nd window and close it. Don't hit maximize though!

That's why I use Mozilla Firebird, it works the way I want it to http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

p.s. if you ever get your IE windows "stuck" in a super small size. Load this .reg file to reset it to default. I used this all the time when IE was my main browser.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It's fixed for now thanks to all of you.

Seasons Best Wishes!

Wayne D