Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Time moves

"Time goes fast when you're having fun"
    My first attemt at animation

[This message was edited by Gary W. Priester on December 10, 2002 at 08:19.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Amim_Clock_Gif.gif 
Views:	329 
Size:	224.2 KB 
ID:	322  

I don't know what happened there-- Was meant to read --
    "Time goes fast when you're having fun"
    All the best Hamish

Open your post, and click on the small icon with the pencil and notecard to edit your message, including the heading.

I like the animation. If the clock face and elements were solid colors you could create a very small file.

Also, not sure if you did this, but the clock face can be designated background and then all you need to animate is the hands.

Have the face only in the first frame (no hands). Set the duration of the frame to 0. In the following frames you will see the face but it will not be editable. You can add your hands to these frames.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

Thanks Gary I did try to edit my post but was too late and got this message
    “This forum only allows messages to be changed for 60 minutes after posting”
    But I will remember for next time.

Regarding my previous messages in this thread apologies for the way they must of sounded .
    Visitors arrived from way back, – was done in a hurry, mistakes made, consequently the whole thing turned to custard. So I’ll start afresh without the graphic

The idea came from a photo I received from a woman who makes glass clocks and the reflections were so amazing, that my aim was to imitate this in Xara somehow. From there things started to evolve to become the animation it is now.

To be honest I’m not happy with my Glass attempt as I wanted an effect like molten glass with it being all bubbly etc And also I wanted to make the clock appear to break apart like an explosion to reveal the verse in the last frames . if anyone could point me in the right direction on this or advise me in any way it would be appreciated.

Thanks for your suggestions Gary re clock as background I did do that but set it at 8 Like all the hand movements the flashing lights?( Poor attempt I know ) was 2 and the verse 600
    Also is a frame in animation the same as layers in normal mode ?

Well folks this is my first humble attempt Thank you all for your help in the past and value your comments, suggestions, or criticisms.

To you all
    Merry Xmas
    Hamish

I modified the text for you.

I like the finished animation. If you can't drink when you are alive, indeed [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone