Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gary,
    I hate to say it, but after reading a couple of posts about the uncertain next release it seems that many loyal users are losing their faith in Xara's commitment with the product.

I wonder if you could use your special relationship with Xara Ltd to get some answers to our doubts. Is it possible?

We'd like to know about the future of Xara X.
    Will we see a new version? Will they fix the current bugs?...

I'm sorry if I bother you with this request. Probably there's nothing you can do about it, but if you can, I guess we all would appreciate any information you may get...

Luis

Gary,
    I hate to say it, but after reading a couple of posts about the uncertain next release it seems that many loyal users are losing their faith in Xara's commitment with the product.

I wonder if you could use your special relationship with Xara Ltd to get some answers to our doubts. Is it possible?

We'd like to know about the future of Xara X.
    Will we see a new version? Will they fix the current bugs?...

I'm sorry if I bother you with this request. Probably there's nothing you can do about it, but if you can, I guess we all would appreciate any information you may get...

Luis

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Gary - perhaps Kate of Xara Ltd. would agree to you conducting an interview of her for the XaraXone??? It would probably make good reading.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

This is not to say that one will be forthcoming.

But I did pass along the word that the community would like to know what the plans for Xara X are.

So we will see.

Ross -- I wonder if Xara would fly me to England to conduct the interview? :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

Didn't Ross mention he's supplying the ticket and accomodations for your stay Gary! I thought he would have mentioned that.
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

I was in England for a week in mid-October, on my own expense, not Ross's - alas. About a month before I left for England I emailed Kate and asked her to have lunch with me. I never heard back from her on that issue - though she replied to several other emails in that general period of time.

But maybe Gary would have more luck?

K
    www.graphics.com (columnist)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

thinking a telephone interview or even a series of responses to written questions. Ask for too much and you won't get anything.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

that would lead to anything.

Xara has a very closed corporate culture and having once been burned by Corel, I think they are very cautious about releasing any information.

Klaus, with your recent lobotomy, which has caused you to be such a nice and positive person, I doubt if I would have any better luck than you would getting information, let alone lunch, from Kate [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] (Just kidding).

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

Ok, I know that Xara's been burned by Corel and all the problems in the past...
    But let's face it: out of this community, not many people know the likes of this program. And I don't think it is getting much attention from the big boys at this moment.

I think that Xara's silence is playing against its interests (badly). It's no wonder many people think it's about to die.

What is really sad, is that quite of few of Xara's fans are getting attracted to other options, such as Medianchance's RealDraw. I've tested this app and it looks very promissing...and it's being developed by a team of one!
    This guy is the only programmer and the only member of this company. I mean, he is Mediachance.

How is it possible? One programmer that in a few months wrote from scratch a whole graphics program with many features that put in shame to the big boys?
    Why can't Xara keep on developing its main program? It is still better than the others, even with its flaws, but I don't know for how long...
    (sorry for my english)

Klaus couldn't get lunch with the dame of Xara Ltd. Gary has been in association with Xara through thick and thin, nada info!! and We the user base are all sitting here wondering what the hell is going on with all of this!! Over 2 years and counting!!

If Xara Ltd. is reacting by NOT reacting to all this questioning it WILL, I'm afraid to say, play out against them. While folks like Vladimyr and a few others have been able to produce some absolutley stunning images, while that's nice, not all of us can do that, or won't! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Then there are those of us that know that XaraX can be better: fixing bugs and updating the program itself to compete with what's going on out there.

So, if Gary can swing it then great, if not then we are back at square one, simple as that!!

Sux but that's the way it is untill SOMEONE comes around with some answers!!!

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---