Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: XaraX progress

I noticed on one of the Webstyle discussions that AnthonyF proclaims that Xara is working on Webstyle at the moment (at time of posting).

Any chance of similar confirmation for XaraX1?

I am sure that many people will find it reassuring to hear that XaraX2 is being worked on, if indeed that is the case (I wouldn't expect release dates or anything).

I noticed on one of the Webstyle discussions that AnthonyF proclaims that Xara is working on Webstyle at the moment (at time of posting).

Any chance of similar confirmation for XaraX1?

I am sure that many people will find it reassuring to hear that XaraX2 is being worked on, if indeed that is the case (I wouldn't expect release dates or anything).

I would say that the fact they were, up to about a month ago, advertising for developers to work on it is pretty good confirmation.

Indeed, 3rd party work to improve filters would be more than welcome. But apart from this, is there serious development going on? There is a huge difference between adding one or two filters and implementing major new features, fixing existing problems, improving existing functions.

All I want is to know that XaraX2 is being worked on, not one or two minor fixes/enhancements, as in XaraX1.

It wasn't just filter developers, there was also an ad for programmers. Since it got unstickied (is that a real word?) it's sunk without trace, it was there until quite recently though.

Hello Micheal,

According the Charles, X1 was just a minor release to let the user base know that Xara is alive and development is proceeding. They where thinking about much more animated/video capabilites but have changed track and restarted. I would imagine the next release will not be a minor one, but one to rock the graphics world from the ground up.

John: now that sounds encouraging. Xara certainly have the capability to make the next XaraX rock the graphics world. I hope they do it (and sooner rather than later) http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/cool.gif

jwhitham: I didn't notice one for other developers, only the filters, but I'm glad there was one. It's certainly a positive thing!