Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

need a break from the web site building and wanted to play. Rich's bark is some where in there but it kinda got lost, it's actually the base image, with a sphereical mould applied. Then I created this nifty inverted sun flame design and then created an invisible circle and placed in the middle of the sun flame and used the blend tool (at default), applied bleach fractal transparency, built an eye (I love eye balls, don't know why, but I just do) and then put a bunch of glows here and there with some highlights.

Now I know it's not photorealistic Lone Wolf but I like it anyway!!

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eye_Thing.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	11552  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

need a break from the web site building and wanted to play. Rich's bark is some where in there but it kinda got lost, it's actually the base image, with a sphereical mould applied. Then I created this nifty inverted sun flame design and then created an invisible circle and placed in the middle of the sun flame and used the blend tool (at default), applied bleach fractal transparency, built an eye (I love eye balls, don't know why, but I just do) and then put a bunch of glows here and there with some highlights.

Now I know it's not photorealistic Lone Wolf but I like it anyway!!

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

design Richard.It would make fantastic eyes for Arnold S. in "The Terminator".You about to get your website up and running?

Mike

Hey Mike!!

I did a whole bunch today. Got the second page of my site done. It was an abbrevitaed version of my life. My room mate proof read it for me and was like "Honey, your life reads like a Tennesee Earnie Ford feature movie" and I was like, "yea, the scary part is that it's all true". Who says you got to think stuff up, just look at life, it's one strange place to be!!

I was SUPPOSED to go and set up a friends computer today and she either flaked out or something happened and she just was not at home all day, probably a nasty message on my voice mail by now but hey, she's the one that blew it, not me!! I worked on the site and I'm glad for the moment in time to have the inspiration to write it all down. Funny, when you are writing about one's self, what starts flowing out of your head, plain ole' scarry!!

and then I did the Eye Thing this morning, waiting for you know who to call and never did!!

So that was my big Saturday off (once a year). Honestly I was looking forward to unpacking and setting up the computer, I ordered it and I wanted to be the one to christen instead I told Jodie to ask her "X" to set it up for her, that she was "$hit out of luck" that I was out of time for me help, I had to be home at a certain time and it was just too late (We're talking about 4 hours worth of work, setting up, upgrading then sitting her down and going over every thing and getting her accounts set up, sheesh!! What does she expect. Not home at 3:30 PM (when she said she would be home all day. I called her at 1:00 PM and she wasn't home then either) I added that I would be happy to upgrade her software for her and help with the rest of it when I have the time. Which won't be for a month, at least. Oh well. (sorry, bit of a rant there)

How was your day??

Richard

OH yea and I debated with Jens in another thread, I actually enjoyed that, I must say, Fun!!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

[This message was edited by RAMWolff on January 18, 2003 at 19:53.]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Back to ya Richard.

My day? Just another day in the welding shop sticking steel together.

Funny thing about looking back on one's life.I remember every thing really well until I was about 25 then events get all mixed up and kinda blurry.It might help to set down and write things out like you did.

Been following Jens threads on Linux.Very interesting,but I am still pretty much computer challenged on different operating systems.I still run Win98SE and haven't had any problems since clearing the hard drive and reinstalling just the apps. I wanted.It works for now so I don't think I will fix it.

Have a good weekend......what's left of it.

Mike

and not as in Pennsylvania. But that's spelled differently anyway.

Cool composition and visual effect.

Maybe it could be a logo for the new Department of Homeland Security?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

Hi Richard,

Great image, but really gives me the "willies"

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Great image Richard. From your description I don't understand how you made the drippy looking part that is repeated. Can you elaborate?

Your image and discussions about webpages sparked my recollection of an old idea I had but have yet to do. The thought is to make webpages that each feature a single image -like what you've drawn - plus some little story, rant or idea it sparks. Each page would be similar in that regard but the content would be all over the place. (Serious, humour, strange, inspirational etc). I thought of calling the project the "nowhere pages". The text could contain hyperlinks to other pages in the series such that if there was the word "red" on one page it might be a link to a page that had a red background. The series would be something to wander through (never knowing if you saw every page) and to make discoveries. I've often thought it could make a great colaborative project with the pages created by a number of people.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

I think that with the collection of artists and story tellers here at TG your web site would be just amazing as a colaborative effort.

Great Image Richard!
    dafipp

it's really quite simple. Draw a circle and then set it to no color and then increase the line width to about 4 points and then convert line to shape and then convert to editable shapes and then take the free hand tool and go to work on the inside of it. When finished then clone. Color the larger one the color you want and then the other shrink down to a very small size and then add flat transparency and make it invisible. Then add a .25 line to the larger one and then select all and use the blend tool. There you have it!!

Have fun!

Richard

Thanks all for the comments and compliments, it was fun to do!!

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---