Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is in response to Dmagicians where to put examples of work done in xara.
    I was under the impression that this forum is for tips, effects, chat, technical stuff etc. And the gallery was for users of xara to show what they are upto. It would be good to maybe have some clarity on it, because I think everyone should have the chance to show what they are doing 'good or bad'.
    The feature artist page is for the showing off of Xara and the artists using it. There would be people visiting these forums and not putting anything up because maybe they don't think their stuff is 'good enough' etc. I just feel we should encourage everybody to at least show something of what they are doing in xara. If the gallery was full of art like this months featured artist I would be surprised if hardly anyone could follow that. I would be careful setting standards too high for the gallery. You need the rough against the smooth......and also a place to be able to start showing your work somewhere....tao

This is in response to Dmagicians where to put examples of work done in xara.
    I was under the impression that this forum is for tips, effects, chat, technical stuff etc. And the gallery was for users of xara to show what they are upto. It would be good to maybe have some clarity on it, because I think everyone should have the chance to show what they are doing 'good or bad'.
    The feature artist page is for the showing off of Xara and the artists using it. There would be people visiting these forums and not putting anything up because maybe they don't think their stuff is 'good enough' etc. I just feel we should encourage everybody to at least show something of what they are doing in xara. If the gallery was full of art like this months featured artist I would be surprised if hardly anyone could follow that. I would be careful setting standards too high for the gallery. You need the rough against the smooth......and also a place to be able to start showing your work somewhere....tao

Maybe it was just a feeling but 2-3 months back when I looked at these forums I felt much more impressed. I really don't want to belittle anyones work in gallery, but it's not looking like the gallery but like the flea-market. Maybe I'm overeaten, I don't know. I can't say more right now, everything what comes to my mind are endless arguments for the same thing...

I would think that tips and tricks and questions would be posted here. Images would be posted at the gallery. True not everyone is going to post images at the level of the featured artists or the more experienced users. But there are all levels of experience here and people like to post their images and get some feed back. I think the important thing is not to just post a bunch of work to the gallery but post something that you have put some extra time and effort into. Some simple image that you have a question on might be better placed in the Xara X forum. But anyone should be able to post something in the gallery and expect some CONSTRUCTIVE critcisim and not feel intimidated.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Roman

I thought I had responded to this topic but I guess I was a bit "gun shy" to suggest that people only post their best work in the Gallery because some would accuse me of trying to censor their efforts.

I guess it's just people sharing their current efforts with the rest of the community . It would be helpful to sort things out, though. Grand images in the Gallery and technique and minor images in the X Conference.

I have been thinking that to start next year's Featured Artist Gallery show, I will call for everybody's one best image, and then we will have a Group Show which will definitely be worth looking at.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

me be hub televisor

Personally, I think the gallery should be for posting images ... the XaraX board for all the other stuff. I suppose if it's a technique or question and needs an image , that's alright in the XaraX board. I think that making some kind of vague rule about only the good posts going to the gallery will only lead to the obvious confusion ... is this good enough for the gallery?

Anyway, just my "loony's" worth [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/xarax/devil.gif

But that's exactly what I'm talking about David. Everybody should ask that question when posting to gallery.

Gary, you're a great appreciator and almost every piece posted here get's your comment. That's great! I think it's a very hard job, and I really thank you for that. The way you moderate these forum is the best I've ever seen. It's great you support this idea, If more people will say their opinion to this we could fins some decent solution. Actually I've got one idea, but I'll dispense it later, now I have to go outside... (I'll be back)

Your idea about Group Show is very interesting I'm for, maybe I'll try to make force myself to do real art composition finally.

Roman

I think there was a discussion a while back about posting images to the gallery because of the larger file sizes. For those who have slow connections, the xara forum would load quicker and they would know the gallery would take longer.

Just another thing to consider. (There's always one more thing... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] )

Mickie

To check gallery through, since the first post and make the alternative gallery containing the best of Xara X forums

It's very simple, but it's time consuming to realise it (especially on my 64kb ISDN connection) so I unfortunatelly won't realise it even I would like to.

Gary,

I really like your idea of one favorite from each of the forum members ... kind of annual yearbook of sorts. If the "artists" wouldn't mind co-mingleing with the rest of us [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]