Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Simple things (in no particular order) :

(1) One click to break a line (Add node - break at point - doesn't work that great at 4 am when you are tired...)
    (2) Customizable stroke shapes
    (3) Smooth line tool ala' illustrator
    (4) Mesh fill tool
    (5) Adjustable anti aliasing for vectors - fonts - bitmaps
    (6) Love the Xara X capability of being able to push a line segment with the curve tool. However, having the ability to somehow adjust how the line is effected would be sweet. E.g. pushed with a sharp triangle - or circle
    (7) Having a shortcut that releases (deselects) the line right away after it has been drawn. This would enable you to sketch better with your tablet... or mouse.
    (8) Being able to adjust the smoothness of a line after each node you continue drawing from.
    (9) Being able to customize the string of text shown, when navigating fonts
    (10) Customizable shortcuts
    (11) Being able to adjust hue, saturation etc. universally on all fills and lines
    (12) Being able to set up your own little drawer of stroke shapes, with defined stroke weights (even better in combination with (2))
    (13) Own drawers where you can drag and drop in your own shapes (and group of shapes) for later use... load a drawer - then just drag from it.
    (14) I would love to see a smart drawing tool that can create a shape from intersecting lines E.g. you draw a sloppy "A" - select the lines push a button and you get the triangle part as a fillable shape... Don't know if something like that can be done... but hey, one can dream, eh?
    (15) Tracer should be able to create an output of just lines
    (16) More accurate Illustrator export
    (17) Photoshop plug-ins compatibility up to date

Wow Risto, aside from my list yours is right on the money, 100%! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Risto
    Re 7. The Esc key does this already doesn't it, or are you after something different?
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

How about a simple "Repeat" command like CorelDraw has assigned to Ctl-R?

I'd also vote for user-defined shortcuts.

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

Egg,

When I draw the next line, on a node of a previous line, Xara X assumes I want to continue "extending it," even if I release it with the Escape key.

If you quickly scribble some lines ontop of each other, you will see the problem clearer. Even if the Esc key totally released the line, it would slow you down when sketching.

I know it not a standard "vector" application feature... All the ones I have used work the same way as Xara X.

However, Xara X is really quick (even with a lot of lines on-screen), so you could literally sketch with it (more accurately, and faster), if lines were released automatically.

Hello

Now that XaraX boasts a live update, it would be handy to have the dpi size( in the status line) of images being resized updated in real time, rather than seeing the size after releasing the mouse.

Mike Engles

Sorry Risto
    I'm still not with you on this one. What tool are you using to create the lines? If I hit the escape key it deselects that line and creates a new line.
    This is probably me being thick, but I just can't grasp what you're trying to achieve. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

No Egg!

It's me that's thick... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif (And confused...) The Escape key does release the line as you mentioned... (I'm using the Freehand Tool.)

It's just that it's not a very good way to go... When sketching you are often going fast - and being able to time the release of the line with every flick of the wrist is not all that easy, and if you hit it to quickly - the whole line is cleared.

Re a MESH tool.

I understand the need for such a tool. My observation is that most of the mesh tools I've seen are not implimented well and require a lot of practice to use effectively and quickly and even then may produce "artificial" results.

XARA's version needs to be truely unique in its approach ... such as allowing the user to stroke their own color paths inside a fillable object (not just a predefined mesh) and provide different algorythms (sp?) for mixing/blending adjacent colors, tints of colors, etc. Provide feathering options for color blending such as to the outside, midline, or inside of a color path. Also, provide a way for the user to save a their results/settings as a style.

Finally, any tools that are used for the color-fills should also be available for transparency tools (defining the alpha channel).

Yo! Risto

I'm not as far down the senility trail as I believed. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/eek.gif

I can well understand that with your images, lines are of great importance, and speed is of the essence, so this is important to you. Myself, I rarely use lines (Flash) so it's not such a problem.

Wiping sweat from brow!

Egg
    Egg