Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hello Scout!
    And sorry for my English, i don’t use it so much.
    Well, i will post the xar file for you, small Tutorial about how to fill the white Parts from the outline font? Please download it and oben it direkt in Xara X.
    Hope you can understand my English.
    Thanks for your compliment and Happy new Year.
    Lord....
    Attached Files Attached Files

See how helpful everyone is. Do not waste your money on a tutor, spend your time using Xara the more time you spend at the computer then the easier it will become. Look what happens when you hit a problem you can always ask here and there will always be a reply and with various ways to do it. I have been stuck with various problems and this forum has always come up trumps for me, it's great.
    Design is thinking made visual.

I sent Scout to this conference to see if we had any members in his home state.

Well Scout, now you see every person here is in your home state, virtually. And I guaranty you will not find this kind of enthusiastic support and friendship with any other product.

As far as your text question.

1. Make a duplicate of the text (Edit > Duplicate)

2. Convert to Editable Shapes (Arrange menu)

3. With the duplicate text selected, Ungroup twice (Arrange > Ungroup).

NOTE: Convert to editable shapes and Ungrouping two times a word or words of text will give you individual letters.

4. Break Shapes (Arrange > Break Shapes)

You now will have two shapes that are in fact the outside and inside of the character (the larger shape is in front and hides the smaller shape which in my illustration I brought to the front (Arrange > Bring to Front).

5. Place either of the solid shapes behind the character (Arrange > Send to Back) and apply a fill of your choice.

Hope this is what you wanted to do.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outlined_text.gif 
Views:	168 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	14443  

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Welcome to these forums (there is the Xara Gallery Forum and the Brushes Swap Shop too).

Earlier you posted some questions relating to use of quotes in this forum. Over time its just come about that including a quotation from earlier postings isn't usually necessary to respond to that person's comments. As you'll note, most threads are quite short - the implication being that they don't get too confusing. We tend to be less formal and more conversational than most forums - and the regular users seem to like it that way.

There aren't rules about it so you are welcome to do what makes you comfortable. If you want to quote an earlier posting it probably is easiest to just cut&paste the relevant parts as seeing an entire posting repeated as a quotation probably isn't ever necessary.

Regarding learning Xara: Don't hesitate to post things you've made for feedback. Don't worry - nobody is likely to post comments like "that really sucks" (until we know you better! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ). Seriously, almost always, comments are offered in the spirit of being helpful. We all can learn from oneanother.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    +++Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila+++<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFL I love it! ;-D

Thanks for the link to the starting point. When I went over to the tutorials last night I was overwhelmed. Felt like I'd jumped into the deep end before taking swimming lessons. HA:-}

Blessings and Peace.
    Blessings and Peace.

Hi Lord,

Your english is great!! I understand you just fine. Please excuse me that I don't spreak German.

I've downloaded your lesson and took a quick peek at it. It looks great. There's a lot of information for me to study.

Thank you for taking the time to create such an helpful lesson for me. I'm going to go study it now.

Blessings and Peace.
    Blessings and Peace.

You just might be correct. I might not need a tutor after all. Everyone has been remarkably responsive to my questions. I'm very impressed. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I'm going to study http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/xe...l/features.htm now, then all play some more.

This IS fun!

Blessings and Peace.
    Blessings and Peace.

Hi Gary,

Thanks for taking the time to write out the lesson for me. I understand it (amazing :-}

You're right, everyone here has been remarkable helpful.

It sure makes the journey much more comfortable when you have such fine traveling companions.

P.S. I was female the last time I checked. Scout, as in "To Kill a Mocking Bird". [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Blessings and Peace.
    Blessings and Peace.