Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Well is it worth it? It looks like an interface similar to Poser (not sure if I like it).

As I've joined the DAZ platinum Club I'll get another 30% of that and I've got a $5 voucher to use up so it's not a lot of money to lose if it is not worth it, but I'd still like to spend wisely.

So what's everyone think of Bryce5?

Turan

PS DAZ Studio latest rel (18 Mar) is now working on my PC so back to trying it out

Well, given I had only 24hours to think about it and based on Mike's feedbac kwith some other positive reviews back in the corel days, I bought it at the reduced price of $32. Today is the first chance I've had to get near a high sped link to download it, so I've yet to play with it.

Still don't know if this PC thing is good or not - based on the fact that I've been spending money every day since I sign up for it!!

I think I've bought more than I can use

Turan

As I scan the web for reviews - I'm trying to understand is Bryce5 by DAZ the same as Corels Bryce5 that I'm reading about??

Also can I import - export to c4d?

Poser and Daz studio I assume I can import export based on other posts here.

Turan

Congrats on your purchase Turan!!

All PC members are SUPPOSED to spend more than they can use. That's the whole idea!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hello Turan
    I think Bryce is great. It can import most any kind of 3D file. It does not export in many formats though, I have not tried. I have read that you can only export the terains in different formats. But you can do a lot of things in Bryce. I open all kinds of files in D|s and then export them as .obj and import them into Bryce. All of my posts in this forum are done in Bryce. Just a program I have had for sometime and I am comfortable using it. see my King Kong thread.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Richard you had the rendering quality set to high.

Use Default or Regular.

Guess that must be on by default?? I'll look in to it. Yea, over 8 hours, I was like "OK, I think not!"
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Yep! Daz acquired Bryce5 from Corel.
    Is it worth it, Yep, I think so.

I have been using Bryce for a very long time.

Daz studio has a plugin that loads poser stuff into Bryce, very cool.

Turan, welcome to the PC family!! Bryce 5.5 is almost ready, DAZ held it back to work on making the rendering engine fast and furious so your new membership will buy you a cheap ticket to the upgrade or a cheaper $ on 5.5 I'm quite sure! Some AMAZING things can be done in Bryce and I'm not at all sure how it's done, I'm not going to jump in all the way untill 5.5 comes out. I tried importing a posed David model into Bryce 5 and tried rendering him in a green glass with transparency and then went to bed and 8 hours later it was still at it. I gave up. That's too slow for my tastes!! So I wait and I hope it's worth it!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---