Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Hello, i recently ran across a post in the gallery that gave me cause to pause and think. its a drawing of a nude. personally i wonder if the xara forums shouldnt be the one art forum in all of the internet where nudes arnt posted. I may be just and old fuddyduddy but with the popularity of theses forums and the wide range of beliefs, not to mention age of those who visit, I wonder if nudes are really appropriate. There are plenty of other forums where nudes can be posted. What does everyone else think?

Hello, i recently ran across a post in the gallery that gave me cause to pause and think. its a drawing of a nude. personally i wonder if the xara forums shouldnt be the one art forum in all of the internet where nudes arnt posted. I may be just and old fuddyduddy but with the popularity of theses forums and the wide range of beliefs, not to mention age of those who visit, I wonder if nudes are really appropriate. There are plenty of other forums where nudes can be posted. What does everyone else think?

... also, Tao's image almost came as a shock to me! Where was all his beautiful colours and his clever thoughts of composition?!?!!!!

Eric - the Betty Boop story is looooong and is now ancient history, let's let that one rest, OK?

Risto

tomh21, you are kidding us, aren't you ??

You can't possibly see this picture as 'nudity' ??

Should we rip the Botticellis, Rubens, van Dycks, the Rembrandts off the museum walls to protect our children ??

Should kids no more be allowed to enter Florence, in case they could see the David ??

I guess even though there may be some youngsters here, we are well aware what fits and what doesn't. I found this picture absolutely stunning and I wish I could do that myself.

I take your posting as a joke ...

Wolfgang

I would not reply before to make this thread sink down in the bottomless ocean of this forum as soon as possible. But when the starter begins to apologise...:

My first impression when I read the text accompagnying the Venus was: "take care: minefield." The provocative tone was set, and everyone stepped in the ring...
    My opinion is that one should sow one's wild oats in the first half of one's teens, and perhaps a midlife crisis can force one to restart tracing photographs of nude women, but, however well it may be done: it was published to make someone react like the starter of this thread did.
    Tomh21, you must not apologise. Just try to see the trap when it is set. And don't let yourselves be provoked. And now, gentlemen: back to Xara! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

eric.... Shame on you!

P.D What about a little animation? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

...does he mean the one *I* did? if so i'll stay out of it-but i will make one confession. altho' i love my pic i *did* want to be contravercial too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I guess you have never seen Venus rising from the sea or other nudes by the Masters. The drawing in question was IMHO one of the finest postings in the gallery because of its elegant simplicity. These forums sometimes deal with art, what a concept!

I reboot Windows for a living
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

My children grew up with art books with pictures of the masters in our home which of course included nudes. AND we also had a 15 yr. subscription to National Geographic which has all kinds of nude or partially nude people people in their documentation of people who exist on this earth. I have never seen this magazine banned from school libraries.

Amazingly none of my 3 kids (2 boys and a girl) grew up to be perverts. Maybe because they didn't have to turn to Playboy or other such publications to know what the opposite sex looked like......!!!!!!

Right on Gary...Regards, Joel

I'm going to show this image to my three older children (two teenagers) as an example of beauty in simpicity