I have noticed that many of us appear to be getting a bit testy with one another of late. And while one or two of the examples of this lack of on-line restraint have been well deserved, most have really come from a failure to communicate.

Ross made an attempt at this topic some months ago rather eloquently, but it seems a good time to bring it up again.

We are here to learn, share ideas and images, and to enjoy the company of one another. The Xara Conferences are our little private world where people from all over the world (see Bruce's post Where Are You come to talk about Xara and to get to know one another. We are a little international community.

This is really cool.

But sometimes, and I fully admit my own guilt here, we get a little angry and say things in writing that we would never say to someone in person.

This is not cool.

So, without going on and on, I think you get the idea. Let's all try to make nice with one another, even if you think the other guy is a jerk and we don't agree with her or him.

I am going to make a fresh start and I invite all of you to join me. Before you press the Post Now button, read your message again and see if it says what you think it says. If you are joking, use one of the Instant Smilies to show that you are joking as you would smile if you were talking to this person face to face.

If you need help on something, by all means ask. We have more talented and knowledgable people in this conference than you can possibly imagine, who are eager to help. Try to ask your question in a very direct manner.

OK?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
he tub mob relieves</a>