Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is coming from a moral standpoint, but I think viewers get turned off by seeing profanity or words they wouldn't want their kids to see on a prefessional site.
    Just my opinion

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Newport:
    This is coming from a moral standpoint, but I think viewers get turned off by seeing profanity or words they wouldn't want their kids to see on a prefessional site.
    Just my opinion

Steve Newport<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the name of a community event. And Hell is often mentioned by the most pious among us.

Ich bin ein New Yorker
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

Steve,

I almost had to take a second look to see what you were talking about...raffon is definately correct when he says that the Hotter'N &*^% (censored) is a local event...

As far as putting a "word" on the front page of my site that would offend please keep this in mind. People visiting my site are 95% local residents. The event posted on my front page is HIGHLY advertised for about three months here. I guess I have become desensitized to it after hearing it on the TV and radio non-stop for hours on end...people in this area are not turned off by that word, they just see it as a link to our big bike fest.

Robert
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

"link to our big bike fest."

I had to have a peek cause I thought I might get to see some Harley's and maybe a few babes, Bummer weren't no Harleys just bicycles, I guess some folks might think that thats hotter N #@!!, I think.... well, a foxy babe or 2 would help....

Ride on!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

clearly vary with location. In my local community "hell" certainly isn't a profanity. I'm surprised anyone might think it is in theirs. In our household we try to prevent the word "hate" - as in 'I hate dill pickles' - from creeping into our language. Perhaps in Steven's family they similarly discouraged the word "hell".

All this has me wondering if wfcentral's site gets blocked by 'netnanny' and similar "safe-surfing" filtering. I've heard of stupider things happening in the name of protecting the kids.

Anyone have netnanny and can check?

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>