Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I saw your [photoshop] book yesterday at Borders Mr. Bouton, man that thing is thick!! I'm not currently in the money to buy it right now, but I did browse through it a little, very nice [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] ! How long did it take you guys to make?

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

I saw your [photoshop] book yesterday at Borders Mr. Bouton, man that thing is thick!! I'm not currently in the money to buy it right now, but I did browse through it a little, very nice [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] ! How long did it take you guys to make?

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Hey Steve---

"Gary" is just fine for salutations, man. We generally get 10 weeks to write a book. Ours is thicker this time out (as compared to the other books/other versions) due to the reality that color management is finally a reality in version 6, but it is so complicated I need an IT to help write a whole chapter on it. The program, as I say in the book, is about twice as large as version 4, so in order to hit the exact deadline like always, I recruited two expert artsits/photographers-Gary K. and Mara-who used to be readers of mine who showed enough umph and stamina to bail me out!!!

A 700 page (typical book) I can write myself, but this was too much.

You know the funny thing is that I have a great passion for 3D, I use XARA constantly, and yet I get the Photoshop books every year, and to tell the truth, it is the easiest of the three genres of computer graphics!

...and the book market is in a slump, so, as writing is my sole means of income, my wife and I are adding a store to our Web site.

Thanks for asking,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Pretty sweet stuff! I went there looking for some books on CGI and amature film making and thought I'd take a look at the PS6 books. A lot of interesting stuff, and it inspired me to get back into some more all PS works. Once I get a new comp, your book will definentally be on may list of things to buy! Great job

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

that accomplished authors like he and Gary Priester, take their spare time to moderate forums here with an unpretentious tone and helpful demeanor. I really appreciate that.

For myself, there would be a hole in the roof if these forums didn't exist.

Regards, Wayne

Hi Wayne--

If it weren't fun and a challenge, Priester and I might not be on these forums. We get as much out of them as you do, and I can say this because Gary Priester and I have been chums for several years.

It's an even trade, you must realise. When we get more than a dozen questions on the forum, all on the same topic, I know that after I try to answer it here, I also write the remedy in the next book I do. The Web is wonderful fodder for a "how to" book.

But research is not the only thing. It's the people. This forum is the most creative. civilized forum I've moderated in all my years.

Best Regards,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com