Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Default font?

When I paste unformatted text into XaraX, it always comes in as Times New Roman, 12 pt. Is there any way to change this? It seems a nuisance to have to update each new text block.
    "Communication is everything"

I'm dealing a lot with this problem too, but there is a workaround.

* Paste all the text into your Xara document.
    * Format a few word with the font and size you want.
    * Take a copy of this text
    * Select all the other text and paste the attributes to this text (SHIFT + CTRL + A).

I use this a lot when I'm making brochures and flyers. Costumers sends me Word files, I grab the text and paste it into Xara document.

Only for the fun of IT.
    Just for the fun of IT.

Also, what I've found handy is if you're using one font for many text blocks, select the text tool, but before clicking anywhere, choose your font and size. Xara will ask if you want to set it as the default for the document, to which you choose Set.

Any text you start will be in that font, face and size.

Actually, I went and tried pasting text, and this trick doesn't work... Darn. But it's a handy thing to know in the future.

Hope this helps.
    Lothaekor

Work arounds are great but to have a stable choice of a text that would be present until you changed it yourself would be better!!

Kinda like when you move, replace, create new tool bars and place them where you want, the program remembers all of that. So if you choose, say, Arial over Times New... then it should stick until you choose otherwise.

Same if you are working on a document that needs quite a few text blocks, stays that way untill YOU change it.

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

http://www.imira.com/Album/photo.asp...0810&ImgType=0
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Go to utilities > Options > Check: Give new objects most recent attributes - Apply / OK.

You will have to change text only once and Xara will continue to use the new attribute ( Font ) till changed again..

Bayan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Attribute.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	5820  

Thanks for your advice, everyone. Unfortunately this looks like a genuine bug, and I think we ought to let XARA know that we would like it fixed for the next patch or update. Any thoughts?

Simon Beck
    London, UK
    "Communication is everything"

This and the default black fill were the first annoyances we had with XaraX. I am shure that the developers team at Xara know about this and, if possible, will do something about it in the next version.
    They did take away all of the real bugs that were not too deep inbedded in the code (like the divide by zero error, remember? by the way: they are not the only ones who have to fix this...)and this one you mention is a bit of a gumption trap, but no freeze or crash, so bwahh, you get used to it...

http://www.photoshopgurus.info/forum...ine=1019851685

When I make a copy of a layer in the layer gallery it creates

"Copy of Layer One" rather than "Layer One Copy" which is easier to rename to something else. It's easier to delete text off the end of the name rather than delete the "Copy of" part AND then add the new layer number/name at the end.

Call me picky.

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site