Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wookie

MikeS recently did a Star War Trooper and JohnR suggested a wookie.
    Here's my attempt.
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1a_background_attribute2.jpg 
Views:	992 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	4614  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

MikeS recently did a Star War Trooper and JohnR suggested a wookie.
    Here's my attempt.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Not sure which colour he should be. Here's another version.

Name:	!1a_background_attribute3.jpg 
Views:	853 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	9127  
    Egg

Great Wookies Eric!!!

I don't recall the movies ever saying if there were different colours, but it seems reasonable to me that there would be. Chubaka was a light brown colour.

Now, how in the world did you make the hair?!?!? It is wonderful!!
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

great wookie i have to agree with Bill how did you do the hair!!???
    Mike
    see my photoblog http://kcmcomp.com

Cheers Bill/ Mike
    The hair was really very simple. (Just labourious) I just set the Stroke to Blib, .25pt, and line colour to a named colour, of which had 5 shades of colour from dark to light either side.
    After that it was just a matter of creating strokes to lie in the general flow of the hair. Once I'd got enough hair, I'd Select All / Group / Clone / and adjust the line colour darker or lighter, using shades of the same colour. I also skewed and altered line width.
    It's definetly best to work in layers, otherwise the whole thing can soome become a real mess.
    Egg
    Egg

Thanks Egg!! just tried what you said and i think now maybe i can make a go of it drawing my dog.
    Mike
    see my photoblog http://kcmcomp.com

More detailed explanation:

Name:	!1a_background_attribute3.gif 
Views:	834 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	6867  
    Egg

Wow, nice Wookie. Urmmmm, that's kinda strange saying that you know!!

Nice hair technique. The same one I used to create the eye lashes I posted in the last image I posted in my Space Being thread. I didn't use Blip though I used Comet but then again eye lashes are much thinner. Make a group, clone, recolor, rotate, skew, stretch and stack and it's wonderfully easy once you get a few different groups created to use as templates to clone and use for what ever your working on!! Nice to save a seperate file named "Hair" so you have it already created for the next project. Each time you create a different type of hair, copy and save it into the "Hair" file for safe keeping!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Cheers Richard.
    Not sure about the 'nice wookie' comment either
    As you state it's not to difficult to do hair once you get the hang of it, the most important part is to group befor you clone, otherwise it can become a very tangled mess of lines.
    Egg
    Egg