haha, I went for a walk and thought about it, came back and ommitted the trueSpace part... only to find you had already replied there Gare...

ya know what... I have trueSpace 3 on my machine, and use it pretty much as a direct replacement for the renderer in Wings3D... never goes any further in that app re modeling or textures carried over to C4D or what have ya... just find it handy to check out soft and hard edges through the paint tool... that one tool is by far my favorite in tS... great preview render app... something about this little but mighty in it's day app which keeps ya coming back though... but...

yea, technology decides break off points through new inovative methodology allowing for more to be done quicker and easier... and that's a cool thing, just hard to keep up to at the best of times... why it is good to have a wide variety of feedback on these matters

In my mind what is important when learning this stuff is... how many tools does the app have and how many and which do I need?

will the app(s) take us to the next stage or will we have to retrain our minds with a ton of new icons... this is where the text menu's come in... you are only storing the functions in your mind as in apposed to the functions plus their icon... so when it comes time to learn a new app you have gained the most from the least which delivered the most... towards what you were attempting to learn...or something like that...

[This message was edited by gidgit on April 30, 2003 at 12:09.]