Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi all!

I hope you can help me with a problem I have. I work on a document in Xara X in which I have to insert some russian text. I got that text from a translator as a Word document. I was hoping that I will get away with some simple copy-pasting, but it doesn't seem to work. The cyrilic text is shown correctly in Word, but when pasted in Xara X, it transforms into a lot of question marks.
    When I paste the text as Windows metafile, it is all wrong, and ofcourse, uneditable.
    I installed russian keyboard support, and now I can type russian in Xara X, but that doesn't help because I can't find all the letters, and it would take ages to re-type all the text.
    Does anyone have any ideas how can I solve this?

thanks in advance,
    RandoM

Hi all!

I hope you can help me with a problem I have. I work on a document in Xara X in which I have to insert some russian text. I got that text from a translator as a Word document. I was hoping that I will get away with some simple copy-pasting, but it doesn't seem to work. The cyrilic text is shown correctly in Word, but when pasted in Xara X, it transforms into a lot of question marks.
    When I paste the text as Windows metafile, it is all wrong, and ofcourse, uneditable.
    I installed russian keyboard support, and now I can type russian in Xara X, but that doesn't help because I can't find all the letters, and it would take ages to re-type all the text.
    Does anyone have any ideas how can I solve this?

thanks in advance,
    RandoM

1. Use Opentype fonts with cyrillic symbols. Your used font really contain russian symbols?

2. Maybe it codepage problem.
    Export text from Word to Plain Text (Cyrillic Windows Codepage) and open it with Notepad. Try to paste in XaraX.

3.Check ControlPanel->Language->Advanced->Codepages
    866 (OEM Cyrillic) must be selected

So!, FAx
    russian ux designer
    faxenoff@gmail.com

He asks whether there is some better keyboard layout than russian. I have made one in deep past when we needed to type a lot of russian text into the machine, but I don't know where is that dll file now ;-(

Roman

I not know - how problems to be, if Russian Locale setuped. That solve all problem.

Re-type many foregin language texts - that hard work anyway (Even, if you have russian keyboard)

Hmmm. Many texts? In XaraX? Why?

So!, FAx
    russian ux designer
    faxenoff@gmail.com