Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi Gary,

Here are some pictures I made some years ago with Extreme 3D and Bryce 2. That was my first work in 3D and it was made for the needs of environment planning in my community.

I liked very much Extreme 3D because it was very advanced with a kind of interactive definition Bézier surfaces while most of other cheep 3D were so difficult to use at that time ! I also have often extruded .eps curves exported from CorelXara 2. That worked very well under Win NT4. Did you try it on Win2K ???

Friendly yours,

ivan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pcedd.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	4166  

Hi Gary,

Here are some pictures I made some years ago with Extreme 3D and Bryce 2. That was my first work in 3D and it was made for the needs of environment planning in my community.

I liked very much Extreme 3D because it was very advanced with a kind of interactive definition Bézier surfaces while most of other cheep 3D were so difficult to use at that time ! I also have often extruded .eps curves exported from CorelXara 2. That worked very well under Win NT4. Did you try it on Win2K ???

Friendly yours,

ivan

Hey neat ... I like the stylized not fully realistic approach to these. Sometimes with 3d , everybody is after realism where there's plenty of room for some neat imaginative imagery like these.

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com

They are cool Ivan [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ....very nice composition as well [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

Hi Ivan--

Well, just as long as you actually USED E3D brfore calling it "humorous".

I REALLY like your use of color, composition, and mood!

I still use E3D in combination with trueSpace for rendering, but as I told Stu, after the book is written, I intend to study Maya. It seems to be the logical and large step after being an E3D devoteé for nearly 10 years!

Kindly,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3D-EXAM.JPG 
Views:	210 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	6436  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

David : "I like the stylized not fully realistic approach..." That was precisely what I was searching; I think also there is place for a lot of stylized things amongst other ones and I love to blend different levels of that.

Stu : Composition is one of my greatest pleasure.

Gary : thanks for the "mood"; that's so important for me because I am very interested to create cartoon stories and play with very personnal ambience (but actually I don't have time enough...)

The next step for me was Lightwave but without any ambition in animation at the moment. I truly appreciate it to create characters and other organic things. I began also with Rhino last year because it is more suitable for manufactured or mechanical objects (like cars, ...) I think that could be a very good pair of programs but I am sure Xara X could be a fantastic tool to put toghether .png files rendered in Lightwave and exported with alpha channels !!!

Kindly,
    ivan

On the surface seems a very simple image. But the more I looked at it the more things I kept noticing. Great job. I like the style and color.

--Randy

Actually you almost make me want to break open my copy of cinema4d-go again. Might be interesting to try some stylized stuff

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com