Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi Guys,
    Please check this flash I made
    http://www.bhavishaexports.com/index.html

My Question is : The Sound is behaving erratic. Can I preload sound in anyway?

Actually I went a bit over board and the swf file is about 1 mb with 3 scenes plus preloader. can I cut it down somehow?

Please suggest and critique.
    Q
    IP

Hi Guys,
    Please check this flash I made
    http://www.bhavishaexports.com/index.html

My Question is : The Sound is behaving erratic. Can I preload sound in anyway?

Actually I went a bit over board and the swf file is about 1 mb with 3 scenes plus preloader. can I cut it down somehow?

Please suggest and critique.
    Q
    IP

There are a number of ways in which file size can be reduced,
    Try compressing the images before you import them to flash, then go to the origional image in your Library double click on it. You will get a dialog box. Chose Update. There are a number of other options that you can try.

Then you can compress sound it’s the same process. Go to your library and click on the sound and manipulate the options.

You might want to chose streaming rather than event for your sound behavior.

Good luck
    architazz
    IP

I will try out your suggestions architazz. Thanks a lot

Q
    IP

Hey, I was able to get the file size down from over 1000 kb to about 780 k by importing compressed gra[phics like your suggested architazz. This is great!

Thanks a ton!

But one thing I noticed. There seem to be a couple or more bitmaps of the same image in my library. How is that?
    Q
    IP

Yeah. You should have the original image and it symbol. The original image will not be exported to the .swf . only the symbol will be exported.

the oregional is there for you so that if you want to update the oregional, swap it, or compress, and so on. any changes you do to the oregional will be reflected on all it's symbols instances.

have fun compressing =)
    architazz
    IP