Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hybrid View

Mick of course is bang on. You can find excellent fonts for between $2-14 (US) on the Xara BuyFonts.com site.

I like to use Microsoft's Verdana, Georgia, Trebuchet MS, and a few others available on Microsoft Web Fonts.

Unlike the fonts that Seigal lists which are all basically print fonts, Microsoft, and otheres such as Bitstream and Adobe, have created fonts especially for use on the Web. They can be used for print as well.

Last time I checked, Microsoft was offering these fonts, and others, for free on their site. These fonts are also included and installed with Microsoft Internet Explorer and other Microsoft products and so are already installed on most peoples' computers so if you use the font face= tag in your site, and the vistor has these fonts installed on her or his computer the fonts will display as editable HTML text.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

beehive or bus melt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WebFonts.gif 
Views:	558 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	4970  

Gary, I actually like and use all of the fonts you listed. But I'd like to use some of the fonts on Seigal's list. (BTW, Are there any famous logos which use the fonts you mentioned?)

Mick, it would be nice to have a complete list which compares fonts, sort of like, name brand versus generic.

Try this, which gives you fonts supplied with certain programs. It will give you some idea of a basic "standard," i.e., many of the names repeat from program to program:

http://www.unleash.com/articles/fonts/fontlist.html