Hi Guys,

I haven't posted for a while- I've been far too busy, working and trying to move house (the latter ain't gonna happen- we've given up 'cos we can't find a place we like & can afford), though I've been trying to log on and read the forum when I can find the time- there's some great stuff happening here.

We're upgrading our home PC- buying a new, much quicker machine, and a modem so we'll be on-line at home as well as work (partly because I'm going to be working from home- my contract here runs out in five weeks and I'm 95% sure it isn't going to be renewed- not that I'm sorry about that- I'm fed up with my job). No, I'm not doing physics at home (would be difficult, given the branch of physics I work in!), but some writing, details of which I won't go into here- it's a complicated situation!

Anyway, as part of that reorganisation of our life, 'the management' thinks we ought to buy a new printer, and I'm looking for recommendations. Needs to be a colour inkjet, and with fairly decent reproduction- I do a fair bit of digital photography and it would be nice to be able to print hard-copies for 'neanderthals' (i.e. non-computer owners!), as well as all the usual letters, Xara X pictures, etc. Price: I guess up to about GBP250 (USD300, given that I live in 'Rip-Off-Britain?).

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks very much,
Phi

Trust the computer industry to shorten 'Year 2000' to 'Y2K'. It was this sort of thinking that caused the problem in the first place.