Gary, please keep in mind that I never asked for this job. I merely commented at one point, that we were going about things bass ackwards.

This is because I envisioned all of us putting in hours of work modeling only to find out later that sizes and file formats were incompatable, or that maybe whoever could reconcile all the different files might not have enough ram or something. My last computer fried after I tried to create a fountain. It only had 6 objects in it.

Also, people were already modeling and rendering. what if someone got slighted later because they had put in a lot of work and their piece wasn't used?

There had been talk about acting like a real studio and I thought about real studios and that they plan first and create later. The planning is 80% of any art job, in my mind. I find this to be true in any art job I do computer or not.

So I asked if we weren't going about things bass ackwards.

Personally I LOATHE managing anything.

I'm a single mom and my children are rebellious as kids naturally are. I spend all my time working and working and never getting ahead, only to be rewarded with whining when it's time for them to do chores or homework.

I just quit a job being a shift manager in a Pizza Hut, where most of the crew are fly-by-night and couldn't care less, leaving the shift managers to do the bulk of the work because they were the ones held responsible.

So you see managing sucks because you have your own work and everyone elses too, sometimes.

But you asked me to handle organizing and you said that you need my help. OK.

I think we can have some fun here, create something really good to put in our portfoilos (You know, for our interviews with ILM [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ), gain some experience, develop our community here at Talkgraphics, get to know eachother better etc..., so that's fine, let's get to it.

Just because I am the one organizng the beginning planning stage, doesn't make me the boss or anything like that. (Actually, IMHO the person who's sketch is chosen should be the director of their "Vision").

As far as giving out assignments after we vote, I am completely unqualified and someone else will have to take care of that. I don't know enough about programs or 3D for that matter. I've only done 3 pieces in my life.

So, thats where I stand.

I would really like to know where you stand, Gary. You seem to be asking my help one minute, steamrolling over it the next, saying you need me another time, ignoring me after that, pleading with me to participate and then not answering a direct question about my participation, and now this thread which at first glance seems supportive but I can't really tell.

Sharon P.
www.fischerpassmoredesign.com

[This message was edited by mom_de_bomb on October 02, 2001 at 09:12.]