I bought some LCD couple of years ago for 2 reasons. Less desk space used , no flickering and less electromagnetic emission which causes something IMO not that obvious.

The electromagnetic emissions on a normal monitor will create a magnetic field between you and the screen which makes your eyes attract stuff like dust like the screen itself dust. This and the flickering on normal monitors hurt eyes pretty bad.

After only a few weeks with the LCD my eyes did not look hurt anymore and I now dont wear glasses.

There is a big drawback though which doesnt hurt me but probably you. Although the colors look better than on CRT screens, they are certainly NOT correct and there are no ICM profiles for any LCD as far as I know. I saw that when creating my homepage. On each of the LCD, the homepage colors look pretty different [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img](

For a programmer like me that is not a problem as I deal mostly with text and only with graphics when I am forced to do something on my homepage(shiver). To you this might be something to consider.

juergen