Egg,

Please elucidate.

"export as Flash from Xara is not worth while" -- This is re animations rather than static images?

"at least not in vector format, as too many faces are lost" -- I see only one swf export format in Xara, so I'm guessing you mean vector shapes created in Xara and exported as swf. "Faces" = angles, line segments? (Sorry, I figure out what I need as I need it, so I'm short on lingo.)

So I just exported a static swf from Xara made up of three geometric shapes. You're right. Sharp, clean lines; tiny file size. That's pretty cool! Don't think SWiSH imports swf at present, so I'll have to stick with the bitmaps for now, but I'll certainly keep an eye out for ways to use the swf export.

Just spent about 18 months creating personal screensavers for members of my family (Xmas 02 -- finally delivered Xmas 03 <oy>) What an odyssey! The flash format was ok on most of them. But then there were two that involved characters walking, jumping or flying, all 2D. The images came apart when output as flash no matter how I did it. For those, I had to use animation applications and output as QuickTime to get acceptable results.

Before I try anything like that project again, I'll have to have a much faster machine with more RAM and a lot more time. <g>