Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hey,
    Xara is messing up. i can nto get it to run. but if i uninstall it i will have to buy it again. anyone know what to do? I am sure the people at Xara won't mind me buying it again !

Ross Allen [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

What Would Chairs look like if our legs bent the other way ?
    Well, I know that i won't...

Hey,
    Xara is messing up. i can nto get it to run. but if i uninstall it i will have to buy it again. anyone know what to do? I am sure the people at Xara won't mind me buying it again !

Ross Allen [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Ross,

I don't understand why you'd have to buy Xara again if you uninstall it. When you purchased Xara the first time, you received the cd with the personalized serial number which you would use to reinstall when needed.

I bought it online ! so i just d/l'd it. and if i enter the number again it will say it is worng. i tried it on my computer upstairs.

Ross Allen

Ross,

When you purchase Xara X online, they mail you a CD with the full program on it. You can get an unlock code for the downloaded version and use that until the CD arrives.

If my memory serves me correctly, when I placed my unlock code in the downloaded version of Xara X (formerly the trial version), it gave me the message that the program would run for like 14 more weeks, in order to give me time to receive the CD.

How long ago did you purchase Xara X? Did you buy it from XaraClub?

Kim

The unlock code is probably specific to one machine, hence you can't use it on any other. I'd guess the code will work more than once on the same machine, but e-mail support@xara.com for advice before deleting anything.

Now that you've posted here however, what's the problem? Have you run out of time on your demo or is there an error?

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

Ross

I had a similar problem when I purchased Xara3D4 in that I had to reinstall it again but on entering the unlock code given me when downloading it, it just wasn't accepted. The first unlock code only works for the first install and you have to get a new unlock code each time you install a trial version whatever PC you install it on.

I've had a look at the Xara site and the procedure for getting a new unlock code is detailed on the following web page:

http://www.xara.com/support/commonfaq.asp#newunlock

It certainly works so I hope it helps you get back up and running Ross.

Tracey

my dad found the cd ! yes ! i got it running ! we did have the cd, but it was at his work.

thanx guys

Ross A.