Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Thanks Mike... It's a pretty decent example of just how handy ngons can be in an app, and how an app capable of supporting ngons could/should work with em...

Emel... haha, I never even thought of "bump"... but you still have to reposition them loops... I lost you regarding the selection of all the face edges, as when you hit shift/l it simply changes the selection back to the face, which is what I originaly did to select the edges... select face and hit "e"... coverted the selection from f to e, then upon shift/l I am right back to where I started... hehe musical faces

I think you will find the method I suggested as to being the most accurate for making those chanfers exactly the same size...in the manner of your example you posted that is...

For just plain chamfered edges, the suggestion made by Mike... just hit an edge, and ctrl/a, or if in face mode just ctrl/a to select all then hit e... and then do a bevel.... is the quickest way to chamfer out something... though you do get those corner tri"s eh... so you right click while all you edges are still selected, choose hardness>hard, hit f to convert to face mode, and hit "s" to smooth... notice becuase all the perimeter edges were defined hard, that the cube remains in shape, just divided into a couple of more segments is all, and more importantly, the chamfer corner tri's are now quads...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chamferred_cube.gif 
Views:	393 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	1446