Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

hi
    I have just joined this group in the hope that someone will be able to explain the mysteries of using Webstyle4 NavBars and Menus with FrontPage 2000.

I have read and tried most of the suggestions given on these pages but I still cannot get the NavBars to display when I select Preview in FP. They are there in Normal view but disappear when I select Preview. ( I dread to think what will happen when I try to Publish to the Web)

I selected 'Shared Borders' on my Index.htm in FP and then selected Top.htm from the _borders folder. I then selected Insert Xara Webstyle4 Navbars & Menus and saved the menu_js and menu_b1 etc images to my FP images directory.
    The xaramenu.js file was saved in the same directory as my index.htm file.

I am aware that the problem probably lies in the script file but I cannot amend it so that it works.

Does anyone have a simple set of instructions on how to set up my pages in FP to use Webstyle4 NavBars & menus. ie Create a horizontal Nav Bar with menus on all pages on my site. All the other graphics such as headings etc work fine.

Thanks in anticipation from a genuine 'Newbie'. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

hi
    I have just joined this group in the hope that someone will be able to explain the mysteries of using Webstyle4 NavBars and Menus with FrontPage 2000.

I have read and tried most of the suggestions given on these pages but I still cannot get the NavBars to display when I select Preview in FP. They are there in Normal view but disappear when I select Preview. ( I dread to think what will happen when I try to Publish to the Web)

I selected 'Shared Borders' on my Index.htm in FP and then selected Top.htm from the _borders folder. I then selected Insert Xara Webstyle4 Navbars & Menus and saved the menu_js and menu_b1 etc images to my FP images directory.
    The xaramenu.js file was saved in the same directory as my index.htm file.

I am aware that the problem probably lies in the script file but I cannot amend it so that it works.

Does anyone have a simple set of instructions on how to set up my pages in FP to use Webstyle4 NavBars & menus. ie Create a horizontal Nav Bar with menus on all pages on my site. All the other graphics such as headings etc work fine.

Thanks in anticipation from a genuine 'Newbie'. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

Check out www.presidentcheese.com

I created it with FrontPage. I am also a newbie that had a similar problem. I found that I didn't save the graphic in a folder within the web. Even though the .js is in the same folder, where are the .gif's?

John