Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it Possible

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Is it Possible

It's funny. I've never quite thought of an iframe this way but that is exactly what it is; a 'build your own widget'. It does seem like something that should be added to the widgets group.

Just my two cents.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I just snagged this iframe widget. Thanks Steve I was looking at doing just this very thing to have in my tool kit With this and Google docs giving a client an area on their site that they could update will be very easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Anyone who downloaded the 'widget' earlier than Frances please note there was a typo in the code which is fixed in the version Frances just got.
    Please download again.

More info about iframes can be found here:
    http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_iframe.asp

With this and Google docs
    Can you expand on the Google docs part of this?

Scott, this is a neat trick to allow something to be updated by a client which doesn't need the original .xar file or an FTP account.
    Simply open a Google docs account, create a doc, publish it to the web and then share it with your client.
    All they do is update the doc and save - the changes are shown on the website in the iframe instantly.

I've used this system myself and it's a suitable for lightweight solutions.
    You can also do the same thing with a blogger account.

Here's a demo with google doc, blogger and a couple other links all in a central iframe with a selectable drop down jump menu:

http://steveledger.net.au/

Thanks again all. It seems the logical route is the Google docs one. Just one thing, in the Widget iFrame instructions I cannot for the life of me see where to set the Scrollbar and Frame border. It's probably staring me in the face?

Open Web Properties>>Placeholder [tab]
    As the text and rectangle are a softgroup, you need to Ctrl+Click the placeholder to select the orange rectangle.

In the Web Properties>>Placeholder 'Replace with HTML code' area you will see the code where you can change these attributes:

<iframe name=myframe src=URL width=100% height=100% scrolling=no frameborder=0></iframe>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iframe.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	71826  

Gotcha! Many thanks.