Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a logo image that I need to convert before I can make my logo using Xara3D.
    Could someone convert these for me?

Also. My method to create a logo that will fit on that logo template I've attached is as follows.

In Xara3D I create a frame of 349x89. Then I add the background texture, which is the smaller logo converted from .jpg to .png using IrfanView, that I've attached here. Then I create my logo on top of that background using Xara3D but of course it doesn't look right or align correctly, I assume because of the conversion problems.

What I would really like to do is be able to import that grey logo template into Xara3D, much like you can in photoshop, and then create the lettering on that. Is this possible?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logo.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	14484  

I have a logo image that I need to convert before I can make my logo using Xara3D.
    Could someone convert these for me?

Also. My method to create a logo that will fit on that logo template I've attached is as follows.

In Xara3D I create a frame of 349x89. Then I add the background texture, which is the smaller logo converted from .jpg to .png using IrfanView, that I've attached here. Then I create my logo on top of that background using Xara3D but of course it doesn't look right or align correctly, I assume because of the conversion problems.

What I would really like to do is be able to import that grey logo template into Xara3D, much like you can in photoshop, and then create the lettering on that. Is this possible?

Thanks

One more if you don't mind.

Thanks http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Name:	logo2.JPG 
Views:	229 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	9314  

Hi Jabba,

Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure I understand what you need. The format of the background texture image shouldn't make any difference. You say it doesn't look right or align correctly. Have you adjusted the aspect ratio of the text and moved it into position by holding the ALT key down and dragging the text?

Please provide more details.

Soquili

Name:	logo_x3d.gif 
Views:	208 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	12293  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

BTW here is the export made by using the above mention technique.

Soquili

Name:	logo.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	11735  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks for the welcome and the reply.

I mean the finished product doesn't align or look right after I place it on my web site.
    #1 The 349x89 frame size is smaller after I save it and place it into my web sites theme/images/logo.jpg.
    #2 The entire logo, after it's on my site, looks like some sort of wierd Paint Shop effect has been done to it. Kinda like the image below, as an example.

Maybe it's something I did or didn't do correctly but I was pretty sure that I did everything correctly.
    I'll play around with it some more but if you can think of any tips to pass along I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks.

Name:	OpenTopic.gif 
Views:	217 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	9645  

Jabba
    Welcome. Your logo looks like a jpg to me, which isn't ideal for images with large areas of flat colour, as this image has. It could also be that when your exporting you have the crop option checked, which would account for the difference in size, other wise it's your web authoring prog. PC's export and use 96 dpi but a lot of software uses 72 dpi (Mac format), which is another reason for the size difference.
    Try exporting as a gif, or if you want an even better quality a png.
    Let's know how you get on.
    Egg

Name:	logo_jpg.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	4.1 KB 
ID:	4247  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The image above is a jpg. This ones a gif, but you neeed 256 colours or the shadow will look crap

Name:	logo_gif.gif 
Views:	210 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	2263  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

And a png

Name:	logo_png.png 
Views:	210 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	5336  
    Egg

A 16 colour gif

Name:	logo_gif16.gif 
Views:	194 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	4793  
    Egg