Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: xara upload and filezilla

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    So, my best guess is you are better off being consistent.
    +1

my gut feeling is always that william of ockham knew what he was talking about - the fewer variables there are in a system the less there is to go wrong... so whilst I do not upload xara websites I do stick with the one FTPS client for what I do.. as a matter of interest, why would you not?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Biggest updating speed difference I found is not adding large files directly into Xara. PDFs, MP3s, MP4,s etc. I add these using FZ then link/placeholder them in Xara. That way Xara isn't checking/replacing large files every tweak.

Never used Magix M or Xara's hosting, but unlike Acorn, I've not noticed a difference in uploading via FZ or Xara. I also don't have huge sites, so it may be that.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    +1

my gut feeling is always that william of ockham knew what he was talking about - the fewer variables there are in a system the less there is to go wrong... so whilst I do not upload xara websites I do stick with the one FTPS client for what I do.. as a matter of interest, why would you not?
    If I make a change in Xara, I upload via Xara, but if I make a change to, say, an MP3 in a subfolder and the path needs altering in Xara, I do the lot via FZ as FZ is drag and drop. Another reason would be if I'm updating the look of an existing site I'll use a sub folder to show the customer. Once they're happy I hop into FZ remove the original and transfer the contents of the sub folder to it's final resting place. From there on it's back to the above scenario.