Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My new upgrade to V10

The web part is great and I'm deep into making web sites for my woodworking. Not ready to show and tell yet. Disappointed no easy curve(b-spline} or twain or dimension tools, which I have asked for over the years. Maybe some day after many dollars of upgrades.

Default Re: My new upgrade to V10

Do you mean the just released XWD version 11?
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

No refers to Designer Pro X10 and even several versions before that.

Version 11 is just around the corner, maybe there will be something there to turn that frown upside down.
    The last time I read anything from Xara re dimension tools was that they are already there on the info bar.

Quote Originally Posted by steve.ledger View Post
    The last time I read anything from Xara re dimension tools was that they are already there on the info bar.
    That left me wondering; does it imply that Xara doesn't see the need to implement dimensioning or does that mean that the feature is almost implemented? I'm inclined to say that Xara uses this answers as an excuse to tell the requesters that it's already fulfilled. What Xara doesn't want to know is that we would like such a tool because we want others to see dimensions as well in the artwork

I guess it's easy enough to add them, we have the tools to create anything visual..

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    ...Xara doesn't see the need to implement dimensioning...
    Thus far, no. Xara has not seen fit o give us anything other than the information. We just cannot do anything with that information automatically.

I don't do a whole lot of dimensioning. I do pick up work from a couple box manufacturers when they are swamped. While I may draw the initial design in XDP, I then take it into AI and use a dimensioning plug-in I have for it, and correct the dims. I could also just use DrawPlus for it as well as it has dimensioning.

Quote Originally Posted by georgetroy View Post
    No refers to Designer Pro X10 and even several versions before that.
    Had to ask as you haven't advised your products in your profile,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by steve.ledger View Post
    I guess it's easy enough to add them, we have the tools to create anything visual..
    Yeah, you're right. But it is cumbersome and once spoiled with CADtools in Illustrator you wished someone could do this for Xara.

Showing a simple segmented bowl form with dimensions, also a finished bowl. How hard can it be to put this in the program? This is from Serif Draw Plus 8 which has easy curve, twain and dimensions. I also use Canvas and Coral Draw to layout a plan for segmented bowls, vases and vessels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mhpot24.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	107733   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MapleTbird2.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	107734