Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Default Re: Image and text skewing / distorting megathread

So Xara has made it easier for new users? Name:  z-like.png
Views: 492
Size:  423 Bytes
    Come on Xara, this "new" feature is a disaster, no one requested it, no one likes it. Remove it.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I now have a V15 toolset that is unusable as it is unpredictable in its choice of operation
    I've noticed with live effects on bitmaps - some retain ver 15 behaviour, some revert back to ver 12....and then suddenly seem to 'remember' and don't - some, for now at least, stay in ver 12 mode and this seems to be the third party ones by and large

.. and some just throw wobblies

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	liv effect squish.png 
Views:	179 
Size:	187.5 KB 
ID:	119783

live effects sqish.xar

oh I do like to be a beta tester
    oh I do like to see what I can see
    oh I do like to scroll right through that old change-log
    it's a right old slog, I'm all agog
    oh I do like to be a beta tester
    oh I do like to beta test for free
    and there's lots of fun in store
    because there always will be more
    for beta testers, just wait and see

no actual work postable for this, so it's just a quick rendition[?] of E.V.

I keep line art and colouring on separate layers - standard practice in the business and I soft group all the parts of each entity - then if I need to move one character around I can move all its parts together across layers in one go without disturbing anything else

no new issues here so far that are soft group specific, but as its a good example of what happens to textures when morphing I'll post it... the dapples that look like ink spots are displaced in version 15 rather than morphed - if I want them displaced, I'll displace them myself to where I actually want them ...

Name:	soft group squish.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	119786

E.V.'s xar file...soft group squish.zip

had to zip it

Hi all,

Thank you for your examples and replies.

This change is being reversed so effective next patch, you should be able to hold Alt to squish text and images as before.

Just a note however as mentioned before, I know emotions tend to run high in this forums but please try to remember I'm here only to support you and push for your requirements. The only reason I would ask of you for examples of why you would squish text and images is because it was asked of me to provide it to them from you. I appreciate everyone expressing how they feel and if anything can add weight to my case when fighting for what you want, but at the same time needs to be constructive and with purpose.

To say something is silly isn't likely to change anything. To say something is silly because of x,y and z is more likely to be listened to. Acorns post #50 is a very good example of this and is somewhat helpful is providing a solid case for change.

I'm really sorry this had to get this far to reverse a simple change, and I'm trying to push so that changes, no matter how small are better documented and tested by the correct channels.

Thanks
    Rob

Many thanks Rob

You are right of course to say that calling a feature change silly without giving examples is not constructive - however that is a step change away from calling the fact that it happened silly, which it was, and since I am not in a position to state exactly the reasons why it happened I can't be totally constructive in that regard... but what I can say is that consultation will help prevent problems from arising that should not happen [as well as avoiding genuinely gobsmacked disbelief], whereas dishing out changes that are badly thought through, or only looked at from a limited perspective, is just asking for trouble

Consultation would surely engender more constructive responses...

cheers

Oh, that's good news! Thanks for your input Rob.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Rob, here's an example for you (left and right images are slightly different). I normally import transparent PNG images from "people" and match them to vector office floor maps. Can't do that anymore...

Name:	1.png 
Views:	140 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	119798

Update: I just read the last posts from yesterday. Good news! Thank you for your excellent work.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Thank you Rob

And thank you to those at Xara/Magix who looked at our examples and listened to what we had to say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.