Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Objects Not Flipping

Hello Lovely People,

I use Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946

I've noticed that when I try to flip an object, whether it's a bitmap, or a vector image created in a previous file, it will not flip. The object wants to rotate a few degrees along a central access, but not flip.

I have clicked, doubled clicked (where a complex object opens up the Edit Inside window, but still will not flip)

Please, someone tell me this is an easy fix. It began when I upgraded to my present version.

Thank you so much!

Default Re: Objects Not Flipping

hi - first thng to check is you have lock aspect ratio enabled - it will not flip if you don't
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

You might be trying to flip in rotate/skew mode. What happens if you use the flip icons on the Infobar at the top of the screen?

in the interests of clarity the flip buttons[icons] on the infobar [in selector tool] are what I was referring to.... these do not work for a bitmap if aspect ratio is off, but seems they do for a vector so it might well be something more complicated...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    hi - first thng to check is you have lock aspect ratio enabled - it will not flip if you don't
    Thank you, Handrawn! That fixed it. Didn't realize it was not locked. Now, if you can find a missing file from 2013...

glad you got it sorted

I use File Locator [ aka agent ransack ] to look for files, I have around 700,000 in offline storage; have to have some inkling of the name, or in the case of text, content though
    Nothing lasts forever...

I have adopted the habit of naming important files by yyyymmdd-subject.ext. These automatically sort in Windows Explorer.
    If files are spread across devices or folders, I rely on Everything that instantly delivers against partial filenames. I have 2.5M files on local storage.
    If really desperate, I use Notepad++'s Find in Files for content.
    As I have different devices and operating systems as well, I rely on Dropbox.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

a lot of files... Everything looks interesting; ransack will deliver on part file name too
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    glad you got it sorted

I use File Locator [ aka agent ransack ] to look for files, I have around 700,000 in offline storage; have to have some inkling of the name, or in the case of text, content though
    Just kidding about that, guys. It's an MS Word file; probably floating somewhere on an old computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I have adopted the habit of naming important files by yyyymmdd-subject.ext. These automatically sort in Windows Explorer.
    If files are spread across devices or folders, I rely on Everything that instantly delivers against partial filenames. I have 2.5M files on local storage.
    If really desperate, I use Notepad++'s Find in Files for content.
    As I have different devices and operating systems as well, I rely on Dropbox.

Acorn
    Thank you. This was before they came up with the Cloud. That seems to be the only file missing. I have one more computer to search before it dies, although I have USB devices containing those files. Do not want to have to re-create this file. Cheese lueese.