Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Publishing Xara Web Designer website to Cpanel

Hi,

Has anybody here published a website from Xara Web Designer Premium to the hosting company Cpanel. I have an idea of how it works but would prefer details from someone who has done it.

Also I'll need to remove the existing files/site from Cpanel before publishing the new site from Xara.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Publishing Xara Web Designer website to Cpanel

I wouldn't use cpanel to upload files as it's a long winded affair. Instead, use an FTP program like Filezilla where you can delete the old files and upload the new ones quite quickly.

I have deleted the Post you added to a very, very old Thread, where you asked the same question.

You can use Filezilla, which is great.

You can set up the site credentials in your Xara design file and use the Xara application to do the hard work.
    Use the Help (F1) and search for "Publishing to an alternative web host".
    You create an FTP account in CPanel first.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    I wouldn't use cpanel to upload files as it's a long winded affair. Instead, use an FTP program like Filezilla where you can delete the old files and upload the new ones quite quickly.
    OK. But once I have uploaded the files (assuming I just export the site from Xara) how do make the site live? Sorry for so many questions but I am brand new to this. The person who managed all this moved away and is not easily accessed. I am taking over the process. This is for a non profit website.

Quote Originally Posted by techenthused73 View Post
    OK. But once I have uploaded the files (assuming I just export the site from Xara) how do make the site live? Sorry for so many questions but I am brand new to this. The person who managed all this moved away and is not easily accessed. I am taking over the process. This is for a non profit website.
    Uploaded equates to Published.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Here is a video that explains it perfectly. Please sticky this to the forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjp5CkF4-gI

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by techenthused73 View Post
    Here is a video that explains it perfectly. Please sticky this to the forum.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjp5CkF4-gI
    Thanks for the help.
    Seems the Help information is there are easier to understand.

Acorn