Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Nag Screens

Hybrid View

Thumbs down Re: Nag Screens

So Chris has confirmed it is Magix adding code we didn't ask for or know what it is doing but regardless it isn't doing it the way it was expected.

I had hoped the other Magix interference around the delay with "Adding colours to document" for v16.3 might have packed its bags, but sadly no.

Might as well just have intellisense back again too to complete the hat-trick.

Really disappointed with the lack of care. I do hope there is a robust service level agreement over this between Magix and Xara.

I am not going to try this myself but I believe the downloads from:

bypass the Magix loader, so a re-install might get rid of the nagging as well.
    I am keeping my machine in its current state so I can look into things a tad more carefully.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Nag Screens

Acorn--same issue(s) with a Xara installer.

It's all really just crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    So Chris has confirmed it is Magix adding code we didn't ask for or know what it is doing but regardless it isn't doing it the way it was expected.

I had hoped the other Magix interference around the delay with "Adding colours to document" for v16.3 might have packed its bags, but sadly no.
    While the renaming of the offensive folder or .exe works for the new MagixTricks notInstaller thingy, blocking the proper address in the firewall makes my XP&GD start up in 3 seconds. No Adding Colors wait.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    While the renaming of the offensive folder or .exe works for the new MagixTricks notInstaller thingy, blocking the proper address in the firewall makes my XP&GD start up in 3 seconds. No Adding Colors wait.
    Mike
    Mike, thank you.

Also renaming C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\16\Online\ to C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\16\OnlineXXX\ works for Chris M and me.
    Again, this is another addition from Magix, AFAICT. This too lets me work after 3 seconds.

The other folders added in after a clean install, which I assume are benign, are Fonts\, Languages\ and PamoramStudio\.

@Magix - get your act together; software integration and internationalisation is a skillset you need to work on.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat