Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default linking a page to a sticky object on another page..???

Hello everyone, I`m new here and was wondering if there is any way to link a button from one page and get it to link to a sticky object (pop up layer) that is on another page..?

I tried using the `Link To Achor` method but it doesn`t seem to work when i preview the page.

Is there another way to do this or is it even possible to do it.

Thanks for any help...
    Any more information needed let me know.

Default Re: linking a page to a sticky object on another page..???

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I don't think this can be done natively. But we have some very clever people here who might be able to offer a suggestion. Check back.

Pop up layers are specific to the page they were created in. In other words, you have to be on the page before you can call the pop up to...err...pop up.

Why not duplicate the pop up so it's on both pages?

This bit I'm unsure about: I think you could make a Soft Group so any changes to one would reflect on the other, but please either check yourself or wait for someone to verify that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Pop up layers are specific to the page they were created in. In other words, you have to be on the page before you can call the pop up to...err...pop up.

Why not duplicate the pop up so it's on both pages?

This bit I'm unsure about: I think you could make a Soft Group so any changes to one would reflect on the other, but please either check yourself or wait for someone to verify that.
    Thanks for the reply.. I was thinking that the pop up related to the page you are on. The reason why i didn`t want to duplicate the pop up on both pages is that there is over 50 pop ups on most pages, so i was thinking that if you could link to a pop up on another page it would make the pages less cluttered and save me a lot of time as well..
    Thanks for the help though, but it seems like i will have to just put up with having so many pop ups on one page. 1 - 50 pop ups on 24 pages... lol It`s going to be a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics

I don't think this can be done natively. But we have some very clever people here who might be able to offer a suggestion. Check back.
    Well you were right, there is always someone that will come along with an answer... Thanks.

Create pop up layer and leave it empty.
    In the 'Page & Layer Gallery' panel open the pop up layer that's populated with your stuff
    Select all you want (ctrl+click or shift+click, you'll work it out)
    Copy
    Select the empty pop up layer and ctrl+shift+v to paste in place

Chuckle softly to yourself while you tell everyone you had to hand code every line.

That`s exactly what i`m doing at the minute, i have maybe 5 pages done and so far 195 pop ups.... LOL now you see how much i have to do, easier way would have been much simpler and less clutter, but i`m learning something new as i do it so i don`t mind that much.
    Thanks for the tips though.

i`m learning something new as i do it
    ^THIS^ Put stars around it, make it bold, make it italic and recreate it in WordArt.

Learning by doing is always the best way. I have been using Xara since 1996 and I am still learning (but a lot of this is remembering what I have forgotten).

Just out of curiosity, why do you have so many pop-ups? Maybe if you can describe what you are doing on the page we can suggest another way of accomplishing what you are doing. For example, if your pop-ups are small and about the same size as the trigger object, you can place all your pop-ups on the MouseOver layer and just link both MouseOff and MouseOver to # (the pound sign). See attached. But if you feel at liberty to share more details of your site there might be other solutions.
    Attached Files Attached Files