Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VectorStyler

Default Re: VectorStyler

Quote Originally Posted by ernie-f View Post
    Not here. Maybe your hardware is to low.
    Nope ernie, if it needs more than i7-5930K 3.5GHz, 32MB then VS is not up to it.
    Things I do in Xara quickly cause all sorts of ructions in VS.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

i tthink the point was you can do things you can't do in xara, in vectorstyler... if you can do them in xara, then you would wouldn't you....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    i tthink the point was you can do things you can't do in xara, in vectorstyler... if you can do them in xara, then you would wouldn't you....
    Simply to test performance. As VS was acting up, I checked how fast Xara worked, that's all. Compare and contrast.
    I would love VS to process the things that Xara doesn't but not at the expense of a tetchy application.

I'm sure it will improve and I await its cost.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

laptop Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2304 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s) - Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB

I find it is a bit laggy sometimes, but nothing unexpected - maybe you expect too much, comparing a beta work in progress with a long established product... or there again, maybe you state the obvious, for how could it not be so, so early in the developmemt
    stage ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I’ve also downloaded the beta to try. My laptop is far below the stated (multicore) spec so can’t comment on that side of things, but my first impressions are still good. I’ve found a few things that need fixing, but that’s understandable as it’s only been a Windows beta a few of months.

There is a learning curve and I'm slightly overwhelmed with the options and possibilities at the moment (which is great), but feel it will take quite a while to understand its full creative potential. I’ve only just touched on it’s styling capabilities, but can already can see how useful they could be in certain work situations and graphics production environments.

It does make you realise though, the extent to which Xara has neglected the development of their vector tools and program interface.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I'm sure it will improve and I await its cost.
    Acorn
    According to a review from last year (https://www.techpcvipers.com/vectors...in-the-market/): "The Vectorstyler beta version is 100% free to download but out of beta version you have to pay 99 USD to purchase a single license that will come with a free for a year. The pros of using this designing software is you don’t have to pay anything for subscription."

I'm not sure how to interpret it, as the author indicates that there is a yearly aspect to the pricing and then that there is no subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by gcellison View Post
    According to a review from last year (https://www.techpcvipers.com/vectors...in-the-market/): "The Vectorstyler beta version is 100% free to download but out of beta version you have to pay 99 USD to purchase a single license that will come with a free for a year. The pros of using this designing software is you don’t have to pay anything for subscription."

I'm not sure how to interpret it, as the author indicates that there is a yearly aspect to the pricing and then that there is no subscription.
    I assume you get to keep the version at the end of your year but no upgrades.

Acorn

Just to add, I also read a post on their forum (by the developer) the launch price is likely to be around 99usd for a permanent, single payment license, with a years worth of updates. They are not committed to an official release date yet.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022